I've got reported by a player who wished death to my mother. Haven't broke any rule.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

oDrew

10-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasdrovia499 View Post
F*ck you, period.
You weren't banned for unorthodox picks. You were banned because you consistently failed REALLY hard, ruined it for your team in various ways, not to mention your sh*tty "tribunal wh*re" behavior. So transparent I can't believe Lyte fell for it.

From what I've read in your report card : steal cs from your carry as support, refused to ward when asked to - still as support, fed like crazy and didn't listen to your team - they asked you 3 TIMES to play safe as Taric, and 3 times you attacked and failed. Lvl 1 at 5 minutes ? Really ? Next, c*cky attitude when you actually failed - contrary to this thread OP, you NEVER acknowledged your bullsh*t mistakes, called your teammates kids / children / etc, told them you had "a masterplan" and trash like that.

Tbh, it's sad but I'd rather have 100 players like your polish Trist who insults each one of my family members - I'll just mute and move on. If I have a trash player like you, I have to endure it for 20 minutes and watch in awe as you fail over and over, and apparently don't even mind or care to apologize.

Btw, I find pretty hilarious that your only way to be around 1700 is to spam and abuse Alistar, and play support or Yorick when Ali isn't available. And even so, you fail hard, headbutt minions, die at lvl 1 in lane as Taric, start with only 1 ward vs a Nunu....Basically you only play support and you don't even know the basics. Shows how much of a valuable player you are.
You can't get banned for being bad at the game, or for making bad plays, or even for bad champion selection. Bans are for people who deliberately attempt to make the game less fun for the other players.

Based on your tone in this post, I'm not surprised you'd rather hang out with similarly mean-spirited players.

ItzWarty

10-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Blank Stare View Post
You can't get banned for being bad at the game, or for making bad plays, or even for bad champion selection. Bans are for people who deliberately attempt to make the game less fun for the other players.

Based on your tone in this post, I'm not surprised you'd rather hang out with similarly mean-spirited players.
This player was going for platinum, yet was still stealing CS from the AD carry, and refusing to ward when asked. I initially felt more of a hidden "no, screw you" dialog when reading the cases.

In all honesty, I'd have skipped on this case. Either that, or I would have punished (while still feeling that would be sort of borderline).

Via http://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflege...ath_to/c6i462t :
Quote:
Game 3: "Alistar [All][00:23:34] :tristana is instulting me using his funny language to avoid ban" (It's not racist, as stated by the reddit post)
Game 4: "Nunu[00:08:00] :this is so funny becuase it doesnt matter where their jungler goes // Nunu[00:08:03] :he getts a kill" negative attitude again
Game 5: "Blitzcrank[00:22:08] :i land perfect grab, person grabbed kills my team ._." Discouraging teammates ... Also "Blitzcrank[00:30:26] :lets wait till they group in our base // Blitzcrank[00:30:39] :but maybe even then you wont group up" Once more, negative attitude

thegreatestman

10-05-2012

Lyte knows this guy is a troll, and so does anyone with a brain. The only reason he's unbanned is because he acts like he's the victim in chat. You don't get reported by four or five players per game like in his case, and you don't get reported in 25% of your total games, by accident. He is trolling, period, and the only reason he's unbanned is because the current Tribunal system is entirely reliant on chat. It's not real hard to act like an idiot, troll, and do things you KNOW are wrong and trolling, then type in chat that you're trying while you giggle all the way home.

Also, the way his teams insta-rage at him after one mistake tells you, for certain, that he trolled champ select in one way or another.

WolfHowl

10-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
Sorry it took so long to get to this. I'm currently working at the LOL World Championships. I took a look at your case and did notice that you displayed a lot of toxic behavior in the past; however, you seem to be genuinely trying to change and we appreciate the effort to improve your behavior.

You've been reported in 25% of your games lately and that's an extremely high number. You admit to playing unorthodox roles a lot, which is fine in League of Legends; however, in many games you don't communicate this well with your teammates. When you don't communicate with them or surprise them with unorthodox picks, then happen to play poorly, their frustration leads to anger and toxicity which then leads to reports. For example, imagine if I went into every game dead silent and the team is selecting their picks. There is already an AP, but I last pick a second AP and instant lock in. Behaviors like these are not excessively toxic, but they do create negative experiences for your teammates.

The Tribunal is not a perfect system, but it's extremely accurate in the 99.8% range; however, this means mistakes do happen. They are just extremely rare. Player Support has reviewed your case as well and in light of the evidence, I'm going to unban you. However, I encourage you to keep improving your behavior and try to communicate better with your teammates when you do want to try unorthodox strategies.

Apologies for the inconvenience.
Yay thanks Lyte! Wohoo! Great job OP and all!
EDIT: Unless......I missed something that made this story deeper....?

Teague Wan

10-05-2012

Quote:
Sorry it took so long to get to this. I'm currently working at the LOL World Championships. I took a look at your case and did notice that you displayed a lot of toxic behavior in the past; however, you seem to be genuinely trying to change and we appreciate the effort to improve your behavior.

You've been reported in 25% of your games lately and that's an extremely high number. You admit to playing unorthodox roles a lot, which is fine in League of Legends; however, in many games you don't communicate this well with your teammates. When you don't communicate with them or surprise them with unorthodox picks, then happen to play poorly, their frustration leads to anger and toxicity which then leads to reports. For example, imagine if I went into every game dead silent and the team is selecting their picks. There is already an AP, but I last pick a second AP and instant lock in. Behaviors like these are not excessively toxic, but they do create negative experiences for your teammates.

The Tribunal is not a perfect system, but it's extremely accurate in the 99.8% range; however, this means mistakes do happen. They are just extremely rare. Player Support has reviewed your case as well and in light of the evidence, I'm going to unban you. However, I encourage you to keep improving your behavior and try to communicate better with your teammates when you do want to try unorthodox strategies.

Apologies for the inconvenience.
so we need a vote kick for champion select

amovingtarget

10-05-2012

Quote:
You admit to playing unorthodox roles a lot, which is fine in League of Legends; however, in many games you don't communicate this well with your teammates. When you don't communicate with them or surprise them with unorthodox picks, then happen to play poorly, their frustration leads to anger and toxicity which then leads to reports. For example, imagine if I went into every game dead silent and the team is selecting their picks. There is already an AP, but I last pick a second AP and instant lock in. Behaviors like these are not excessively toxic, but they do create negative experiences for your teammates.
Are you saying that we have to play what others expect us to or we have to talk to them? 90% of the people in game are immature kids or trolls who are going to rage at you starting from as early as champ select or first death. I have no intention of communicating with people who act like this. If I want to play a certain champ that we don't 'need' then I am going to pick it any way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItzWarty View Post
"This player was going for platinum, yet was still stealing CS from the AD carry, and refusing to ward when asked. I initially felt more of a hidden "no, screw you" dialog when reading the cases."
I dont play support that often but even when I do, I dont let my lane partner get all the creeps. I dont buy wards. If someone asks me to I either ignore them or say as you did "no, screw you. If you want something warded do it yourself." I am not going to waste my money on wards I dont want.
I am not going to play LoL the way others want or expect me to, I am going to play it the way I want. If you are saying that someone should be banned for playing that way, while there are so many people who just spam chat with rage go unbanned, then there is something wrong with your system. I almost never play a game where there isnt at least one guy who rages all match. Sure there are trolls, but the amount of people that will call someone a troll and tell everyone to report them just because they had a bad game and got out played or laned against a stronger champ is ridiculous. The same goes for the amount of junglers I have seen who dont gank at all and then call you a noob/troll for getting ganked by the enemies jungler.

Nen Ragehard

10-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by amovingtarget View Post
If I want to play a certain champ that we don't 'need' then I am going to pick it any way.
That's pretty shortsighted. You're directly lowering the chances of your team winning if you have the choice to pick a role your team is lacking.

Quote:
I dont play support that often but even when I do, I dont let my lane partner get all the creeps. I dont buy wards. If someone asks me to I either ignore them or say as you did "no, screw you. If you want something warded do it yourself." I am not going to waste my money on wards I dont want.
In other words, to hell with your team, you're just gonna do whatever you want (you know vision is probably the most important thing, especially the longer the game goes on?). It doesn't matter that you picked support, and that your team expects you to play like a support. Oh, and you probably didn't tell them that you weren't going to ward, and that you were going to take CS. I'm sure your ADC doesn't mind struggling for the entirety of the game, while the enemy ADC gets all the CS and easily wins the lane, and the game.

Quote:
Sure there are trolls, but the amount of people that will call someone a troll and tell everyone to report them just because they had a bad game and got out played or laned against a stronger champ is ridiculous. The same goes for the amount of junglers I have seen who dont gank at all and then call you a noob/troll for getting ganked by the enemies jungler.
Okay so you don't buy wards, and you get ganked by their jungler. Oh, and your jungler never ganks for you. Let's see... what could solve both of those problems? Oh right, ward your lane. That enemy jungler isn't so scary anymore when you have all that time to get back to your tower. And now your jungler can safely come to gank your lane!

You're clearly a selfish player. You seem to have the mentality that you're always better than your teammates, while you don't really seem to be all that good at this game yourself (someone once linked this on these forums, take a look: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning...3Kruger_effect). You shouldn't be playing a game where teamwork is so important when you have absolutely no intention of playing as a team.

amovingtarget

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nen Ragehard View Post
That's pretty shortsighted. You're directly lowering the chances of your team winning if you have the choice to pick a role your team is lacking.
It has nothing to do with the team. I am simply saying I am not going to choose a specific champ because someone else wants me to. It dosnt matter if it is selfish or not. I dont play a game to make someone else have a good time, I play it to have fun.

Quote:
In other words, to hell with your team, you're just gonna do whatever you want (you know vision is probably the most important thing, especially the longer the game goes on?). It doesn't matter that you picked support, and that your team expects you to play like a support. Oh, and you probably didn't tell them that you weren't going to ward, and that you were going to take CS. I'm sure your ADC doesn't mind struggling for the entirety of the game, while the enemy ADC gets all the CS and easily wins the lane, and the game.
I wasn't very clear on what I was saying. If some guy on my team is running around yelling at me for not buying wards then thats his problem. If I really need wards then sure I will buy them. Also I am not talking about trying to take every single creep, but I am not going to let them have all of it they arnt the only ones who need money. Have you ever heard of zoning?

Quote:
Okay so you don't buy wards, and you get ganked by their jungler. Oh, and your jungler never ganks for you. Let's see... what could solve both of those problems? Oh right, ward your lane. That enemy jungler isn't so scary anymore when you have all that time to get back to your tower. And now your jungler can safely come to gank your lane!
Adding a ward dosnt change the fact that your jungler dosnt even attempt to gank.

Quote:
You're clearly a selfish player. You seem to have the mentality that you're always better than your teammates, while you don't really seem to be all that good at this game yourself (someone once linked this on these forums, take a look: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning...3Kruger_effect). You shouldn't be playing a game where teamwork is so important when you have absolutely no intention of playing as a team.
I never once said that I play better than any one. I in fact play very aggressive which gets me killed a lot. Not so much that I have no intention of playing as a team, as I play what I want to play and I dont bother communicating with the massive amount of ass holes that play this game. If I actually get allies who are friendly and want to talk or nicely ask me to play a certain role then sure I will probably say ok.

RiskChrist

10-06-2012

Quote:
DEEEERRRRRRPPPPP

Yeah, I don't know about you, but being an ****** to my team mates isn't why I play the game. I play the game to try my best and to win as often as possible. That's led to me playing support and having a greater than 65% win rate at my 2 preferred picks.

Playing selfishly in a team game isn't just an invitation to lose on its own, it pisses off your whole team, and drastically lowers your teams chances for success. If I saw someone like you enough to recognize their name, I'd do my damndest to report them every game and explain in every ticket exactly why they aren't the type of person anyone would ever want to have on their team, or even on their opponents.

amovingtarget

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiskChrist View Post
Yeah, I don't know about you, but being an ****** to my team mates isn't why I play the game. I play the game to try my best and to win as often as possible. That's led to me playing support and having a greater than 65% win rate at my 2 preferred picks.

Playing selfishly in a team game isn't just an invitation to lose on its own, it pisses off your whole team, and drastically lowers your teams chances for success. If I saw someone like you enough to recognize their name, I'd do my damndest to report them every game and explain in every ticket exactly why they aren't the type of person anyone would ever want to have on their team, or even on their opponents.
I already stated I play the game to have fun. I have 712 wins and 713 lose. Do you just read only specific parts of posts? I said that if I actually have team mates who try to communicate and ask me to play specific roles then I mostly likely would. My entire conversation has been about the people who sit there and rage at their entire team all match. Or those people who when you choose a champ in champ select they just start saying gg in chat. Its these type of people that I couldnt care less how the match is for them and its these people that I see in every match. It seems to me you are one of those types of people or you simply seem to think that I was saying that I choose some useless champ on purpose to lose the game. If someone dosnt ask me to play a specific kind of champ then I am going to choose a champ I think I play well even if we already have enough of that kind. I also wont chose a champ for a role I know I dont play well like tank or jungle. If we already have support and adc bot, ap mid, and someone who said they wont top and we need a jungle, then I am still not going to play a jungle because that would be even more likely to cause a bad game then playing a champ in a role I know I dont do well.