@Riot A serious discussion about gender. Please read

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

chumbler

10-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimwolff View Post
Do you honestly think you can convince anonymous people on the internet to "change" the way they act? I mean the way you're talking you want Riot to implement a Bill of Rights or something for League of Legends?

See now you're generalizing, because in my experience playing games over my lifetime I've seen a lot more gamers who could care less about if someone is a woman than actually do care. You're in the group of people who seem to care a lot more, as you are bringing it into the spotlight constantly. PEOPLE LIKE YOU ARE THE REASON WOMEN GET HARASSED IN VIDEO GAMES IN THE FIRST PLACE.
I stand a hell of a lot better chance of changing people's minds if I actually say something than if I just sit back and say nothing.

Also somehow telling people to quit harassing women for saying they're women makes me the reason women get harassed for saying they're women? No. The reason women get harassed for saying they're women is because of *******s like you. If you don't care about whether someone is a woman, then it shouldn't matter whether they say they are a woman.

L2 Sentinel

10-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostbite3789 View Post
Only one thing I want to point out. Prestigious LeBlanc is Cruella DeVille. She has the hair and even the scared animals in her splash art.

That isn't a Vegas show girl.

Edit: Also while we're at it, lets make women stop wearing sexy Halloween costumes. They probably aren't even aware they are sexualizing themselves! :O
You are thinking about Wicked LeBlanc.

Miria

10-05-2012

it's funny how OP is "defending girls" when what he's doing is called **** shaming
just s t o p

blitz4

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-05-2012

You honestly are over-thinking this way too much OP. If this bothers you that much you should simply move on to a different game. This game is, for the most part, a recreational activity. It makes no literal sense that you'd burden yourself over an activity designed for pleasure. I mean, I would write this kind of message to a politician...not a game company. Let's be practical here- as I write a decent amount- this post would take me at least two hours to write. Please, there are so many troubles in the world where you shouldn't be wasting your time over something as petty as this. (Even if someone spends hours upon hours on this game...in the course of the world this game is negligible.)

Commie Rogue

10-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumbler View Post
You don't think battle bunny Riven is a sexist skin and that somehow it being a community request absolves Riot of their responsibility in making it. I will be fair and acknowledge that Riot made a good effort in the skin's splash art to sell it as something other than Riven wearing a bunny girl costume, but you simply can't claim it isn't a sexist skin. That alone means your posts are not worth responding to.

And on top of that you have dreamed up some ridiculous "cosplay theme" to Akali. That is not Akali's theme. There is absolutely nothing to suggest it other than her nurse and if you really, really stretch her soccer skins. The rest are more or less recolors or have a reasonably serious theme. There is no "cosplay theme" to Akali. There's just a sexist design.
You've fallen into the trap that anything remotely sexy, is sexist. That's a logical fallacy my friend.

This entire effing thread is based on a logical fallacy.

If sexy male skins sold, they'd probably make them. The market place supports what sells. If you want more sexy male skins, say so then buy them. The market will determine what is made.

Jalkan

10-05-2012

Well, if you want a summary of what he said, then tl;dr female champs are more sexualized than males

mambawarrior

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-05-2012

I want to thank you for actually making a productive post, most girls who do this have quite heavily biased posts with little or no real information (examples: referring to blitzcrank and Cho'gath as diversified males while ignoring Orianna and Anivia, etc.)

Yusuf Almunadem

10-05-2012

Would read again. Not because this topic bugs me or something but the numbers you drew are just amusing to read.

chumbler

10-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruriair View Post
it's funny how OP is "defending girls" when what he's doing is called **** shaming
just s t o p
You don't understand what **** shaming actually means, nor do you understand that there is a difference between a woman choosing to wear something and an artist designing a character to wear a specific thing.

Grimwolff

10-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumbler View Post
I stand a hell of a lot better chance of changing people's minds if I actually say something than if I just sit back and say nothing.

Also somehow telling people to quit harassing women for saying they're women makes me the reason women get harassed for saying they're women? No. The reason women get harassed for saying they're women is because of *******s like you. If you don't care about whether someone is a woman, then it shouldn't matter whether they say they are a woman.
Good thing that's not what I said at all. People who constantly bring up these subjects in an environment that mostly doesn't care about the issue just annoys people. Annoyed people who are anonymous will then lash out, because as this community shows time and time again, everyone spews any amount of obscenities at people for the slightest things.

And you made the assumption that I am one of the people who goes around insulting women. I have never once done that, and I have had my fair share of defending people in general who are being harassed. Ultimately my point is the more people bring up this mostly (at least to me) nonexistent issue, the more people will start harassing people for it.