@Riot A serious discussion about gender. Please read

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

smifcollege

10-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rauhel View Post
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...kki_Fuller.jpg

What makes Megan Fox attractive and Nikki Fuller not?
Nikki Fuller looks like a man.

Ayrona

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z3ratu1 View Post
Posting again with a legit question to the OP: What makes Varus "pass the fanservice test" while PK Brolaf and Trynd fail it?
I am not the OP, but I think I can answer your question. Varus isn't ridiculously ripped to the point where it is grotesque.

This was also addressed in the first post:
Quote:
Female body builders are nasty. Male body builders are also nasty.
Quote:
Now, Varus made the sexy list because he has an attractive physique, and his nakedness doesn’t seem to serve any apparent function other than fanservice.

Flexmove

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-05-2012

Honestly, all the **** that female gamers get is merely a symptom of a much larger problem in our society at large. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dominator_culture

Commie Rogue

10-05-2012

Only one thing I want to point out. Prestigious LeBlanc is Cruella DeVille. She has the hair and even the scared animals in her splash art.

That isn't a Vegas show girl.

Edit: Also while we're at it, lets make women stop wearing sexy Halloween costumes. They probably aren't even aware they are sexualizing themselves! :O

chumbler

10-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xengre View Post
Nurse Akali, Officer Caitlyn, and Bunnygirl Riven are the only three "stripper" skins out of that entire list. The rest simply do not fit that category. Nurses are a popular fetish but to be frank, it fits her cosplay attitude so I would in fact not say it is a stripper skin so much as her cosplaying. She is the only champ, unless I am horribly mistaken, that has a legitimate cosplay theme going on. Officer Caitlyn I have no arguement for outside of it being a popular fetish/niche. Bunnygirl Riven... I dare you to claim this is Riot being sexist. This topic was one of the more popular threads for a long period of time that eventually lead to Riot giving in and making it. It is not Riot's original creation.

I also notice that you completely side stepped any real discussion concerning my points and no one else bothered to reply and instead simply downvoted because they are showing personal bias and inability to counter discuss. It is because of these things that such topics almost never go anywhere.

As to male strippers... I don't know squat about them or female strippers (action flicks in this case), personally, outside of comedy movies in which they are always so over the top that as far as I am aware Riot could never fill that fetish. Same would likely apply to female strippers if they did not tone it down to effectively cosplaying.
You don't think battle bunny Riven is a sexist skin and that somehow it being a community request absolves Riot of their responsibility in making it. I will be fair and acknowledge that Riot made a good effort in the skin's splash art to sell it as something other than Riven wearing a bunny girl costume, but you simply can't claim it isn't a sexist skin. That alone means your posts are not worth responding to.

And on top of that you have dreamed up some ridiculous "cosplay theme" to Akali. That is not Akali's theme. There is absolutely nothing to suggest it other than her nurse and if you really, really stretch her soccer skins. The rest are more or less recolors or have a reasonably serious theme. There is no "cosplay theme" to Akali. There's just a sexist design.

Grimwolff

10-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumbler View Post
You don't think battle bunny Riven is a sexist skin and that somehow it being a community request absolves Riot of their responsibility in making it. I will be fair and acknowledge that Riot made a good effort in the skin's splash art to sell it as something other than Riven wearing a bunny girl costume, but you simply can't claim it isn't a sexist skin. That alone means your posts are not worth responding to.

And on top of that you have dreamed up some ridiculous "cosplay theme" to Akali. That is not Akali's theme. There is absolutely nothing to suggest it other than her nurse and if you really, really stretch her soccer skins. The rest are more or less recolors or have a reasonably serious theme. There is no "cosplay theme" to Akali. There's just a sexist design.
Rugged Garen isn't sexist?

nkht

10-05-2012

tl dr

tempnameA461

10-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumbler View Post
There's just a sexist design.
This just in: S ex is popular.
These skins are a major backbone for monetarily keeping Riot alive.

If they just made Reverse Teemo though, they'd make 10 million dollars.

Ellatan

10-05-2012

I don't care if I play against a female or male online, how would I even know? From experience someone named IAMQTPIE might not actually be a girl My girlfriend plays League, she doesn't announce to her team every game that she is a female. She doesn't get treated any differently (and why should she?). She gets raged on sometimes, sometimes she is praised for good play. Internet is anonymous and androgynous as long as you would like it to stay that way.

If you don't like certain skins - don't buy them. I don't think I own a single one from that list.

Cryswar

10-05-2012

Quote:
I cannot possibly know everything Rioters have ever said on the subject. I can only talk about my own experiences in dealing with red posts. I never had the pleasure of engaging IronStylus in conversation. You missed the point of my post entirely if you think I am trying to make Riot look bad.

Your tone is dismissive and insulting. Pretty much what I was expecting my first response to be, sadly.
If you choose to act the fool, expect to be treated as one.

Do your research before making stupid claims and people will take you seriously. Until then, you get the dunce cap.