Help, dirt poor Rammus!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

newties22

09-19-2010

I'm a bit confused...

If you have Heart of Gold....you shouldnt be so poor...

heart of Gold helps.....

Just keep last hitting and once in a while power ball to harass.....

Then at level 6 just use the Ulti whenever there is a good crowd of minions.....

mm.....for heart of gold + sunfire......

It may only be viable if the enemy team is really physical heavy....

I would say HoG + Sunfire is too armour heavy......for balanced team.

HanzGruber

09-19-2010

Just don't get so focused on Rammus' passive that you neglect MR when appropriate. This is the downfall of many fine armordillos.

goonsy

09-19-2010

I've found this works best for me (and for a few of the tanks I play):

Heart of Gold (start with cloth armor and 2 healing pots and a sight ward...or Doran's shield and a pot)
Boots (if needed, and situational, so either Merc Treads or Ninja Tabi)
Aegis
Sunfire/Banshee (depending if the other team is more magic or physical damage)
Guardian Angel
Heart of Gold -> Raudin's Omen

Aegis is a bit situational as well, if the other team is all physical i'll go straight to the Sunfire. If they're all AP, i'll go straight to the banshees. Most teams I find aren't like that though.

You're right about the farming part though. Half the time the game's already over by the time I get my GA

Myrnodyn

09-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by newties22 View Post
I'm a bit confused...

If you have Heart of Gold....you shouldnt be so poor...

heart of Gold helps.....

Just keep last hitting and once in a while power ball to harass.....

Then at level 6 just use the Ulti whenever there is a good crowd of minions.....

mm.....for heart of gold + sunfire......

It may only be viable if the enemy team is really physical heavy....

I would say HoG + Sunfire is too armour heavy......for balanced team.

in my opinion, Rammus shouldn't be last hitting at all unless he's alone in a lane and there's no carry nearby.

The carry you are most likely babysitting will want every piece of gold he can get his hands on early game, sharing this gold with Rammus will make him delay his core build.

If you level W first, you should have no trouble tanking, even with just heart of gold, MR boots and possibly a chalice, if you're mana starved. You'll get your cash from the ungodly amount of assists you'll be getting, and perhaps some dragon kills too, if your team manages to wrest control of it.

Radamanthys3

09-19-2010

Rammus should definitively last hit but with caution, you will obviously not go straight ahead to that caster minion in the back. Of course you will still only get a minimal amount of last hits, the rest will go to your lane partner who is hopefully ranged or has a ranged spammable attack (spear shot, parrrley, etc)

coolcow6

09-20-2010

I mainly play rammus as well and cannot stand having a ranged champion in your lane thats fighting you, they will usually keep attacking you to keep you off minions. What i do with this is get in close to them. They will definately flee and be alot more cautious. Ranged champions usually won't have too much health or armor so if you dont kill them you will scare them off and make them alot more cautious.

Twilexia

09-20-2010

I play rammus a LOT and I've tried almost every different build in the game. My general build is

(Laning)
Doran's Shield
Mercury/Tabi/Swiftness (I grab swiftness if my team doesn't have enough CC)
Heart of Gold
Heart of Gold
Aegis of the Legion
Banshee's Veil
Guardian Angel

Game usually ends then. Rammus does not NEED to farm. Sure, if you meet a 20+ creep stack, pop your ult and score some gold, but otherwise, a good rammus should be doing the following:

-Ganking, ganking, ganking, ganking, ganking. Rammus is one of the ultimate gankers. NO one (without ghost) can run away from rammus.
-Initiating favorable team fights. The key to playing rammus is to ALWAYS initiate when your teammates are near you.
-Pushing towers - your ult does a ton of damage early-game to towers.
-Tanking. Protecting your carries and your squishies.

Don't worry about farming. During the course of a game I will have about 50-60 minion kills, yet everyone on my team will friend me after the game because of the # of ganking opportunities that they could not even imagine getting, that a rammus got for them.

Summoner spells - Flash/exhaust or ignite. Always max taunt first. Level Powerball/Shield depending on how much damage you're taking/needing to dish out. Masteries 0/21/9 (1 point in Mana regen).

Randomtasks

09-21-2010

Why bother with a GA anymore?

I haven't been playing Rammus as much as Amumu lately but since the nerf I haven't really seen the point in spending the money on a GA for any tank.

daOWNERER

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-21-2010

Yea i prioritize sunfire cape over heart of gold, just because the stacking of it with your ult makes you such a dominant presence in teamfights with any cc ult. remember to get tank items (armor or mr) depending on the enemy team, dont have it planed before hand. If they have heavy magic dmg i get a stunfire and then a force of nature. Also remember you can gank early, q and e are one of the best ganking combos for early game ever.

gl hf