Starting elo, how is it calculated.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Evangelene

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-05-2012

So i've been playing ranked 3's and although we were under the impression that the amount of games you win in the first five affected our starting elo we have started with 100 less elo than other teams with the same (4 wins 1 loss) I find this rather unfair and cannot seem to find a logical explanation! I asked riot and they didnt know what i was talking about. :/
Anyone who can answer that?

BluePriest

10-05-2012

It is also based on the elo of the team you are facing. If you won 4 games, but they were all 900 elo teams, then lost to a 1100 elo team, then it shows where ou should be. I think the first few matches are pretty random (dont hold me to that) but remember there are a lot more factors aside from just W/L ratio.

Resolute Riven

10-05-2012

Yeah you earn elo based on the elo of the teams you faced. So the people you played against were lower ranked than the teams that the other team played against.
But ELO isn't something you earn for winning... ELO defines your skill level of teamwork as an individual and team.

Best BeatwiferNA

10-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by McMonigle View Post
Yeah you earn elo based on the elo of the teams you faced. So the people you played against were lower ranked than the teams that the other team played against.
But ELO isn't something you earn for winning... ELO defines your skill level of teamwork as an individual and team.
meh. thats half right half wrong. you only earn elo for winning in this system. but yes, elo does define your skill level based off teamwork and your individual play.

killamandude

10-05-2012

I think it is also based on your previous ratings. If you have other teams at high elo you might jump up faster, or perhaps you are just matched against harder teams making you go up faster.