Compete with Honor!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

tapao

10-05-2012

"will throw game for honor"

gets 5 honor points from other team

BisquickBroccoli

10-05-2012

Last night in champion select I saw a red ribbon on summer 4 enemy team . Did I honor him or did he earn enough honorable opponent points for everyone to see?

Lyte

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Lead Social Systems Designer

Follow RiotLyte on Twitter

10-05-2012
62 of 81 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tapao View Post
"will throw game for honor"

gets 5 honor points from other team
To me, those words sound like "Will be banned and have my Honor reset, if you give me Honor to feed."

killazilla200

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

10-05-2012

I think this is a great thing and will really make for some more positive players.

Lyte

Lead Social Systems Designer

Follow RiotLyte on Twitter

10-05-2012
63 of 81 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharag View Post
@Lyte:
I have a few questions:

I'm sure you have your ways how to monitor the honor initiative, but would you be willing to share some results with us or would that compromise the experiment in some way?

Has the report percentage dropped since Honor was implemented?

We can see a good number of threads saying how Honor was a success and how the games are already much more pleasant. Do you think there could be a sort of placebo effect at work here? Like, people saw that Honor was implemented, they expected that would improve general in-game behavior and now label any non-toxic game as honorable. So, the percentage of non-toxic games may not have increased as much as people may believe, but now we have a label for those non-toxic games which kinda makes them more visible and thus more memorable. What do you think?
I'll discuss some results next week or so. Taking Team Player Behavior to the Playoffs today.

Exploding Barrel

10-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
I'll discuss some results next week or so. Taking Team Player Behavior to the Playoffs today.
Good! I kept an eye out for you yesterday to say hi but didn't see you. Back at work for me today though.

Zangetsou

10-05-2012

it feels like the matchmaking system is throwing me from bad to worse team mates because me and my friends have over 20 friendly honor points , i am being frustrated over it , it seems i cant win like i used to since honor was launched

LastProtagonist

10-05-2012

I must say, I enjoy the new honor system. I feel more of an incentive to continue playing when people honor me after a game.

Lancemaster

10-05-2012

thats true zangetsou.Now i have the worst team mates ever, i have 23/3/14/7 then why i have to play with people that are not looking for victory , but the timer to reach 20 to surrender. then i check the profile and they have honor like 3/0/1/2 how can you explain that matchmaking.

Ajido

10-05-2012

Lyte, are there measures in place for the very rare instances where a player is wrongly punished and perhaps the case is reviewed and overturned to restore the honor they would have lost from the reset?