Compete with Honor!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lyte

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Lead Social Systems Designer

Follow RiotLyte on Twitter

10-04-2012
61 of 81 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajido View Post
Lyte, is Honor something that will be resetting when Season 3 begins? Or is Honor earned now something we'll keep forever...so long as we're not punished by the Tribunal, etc.
As long as you are not punished by the Tribunal for toxic behavior or Honor abuse, you will keep your Honor across Seasons.

WayneChaw

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

10-04-2012

jeff lin, why u no taalk to me :[

Baby Sloth

10-05-2012

cool

SidDefinition

10-05-2012

Lyte..
why did friendly Icon had to be Teemo?

PDiddy

10-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDiddy View Post
@Lyte- Is it wrong to trade honor?

Here the discussion that got closed with no real input other than, "This is not what riot intended."

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2629759

Which I agree with, however, I don't see any negative or toxic experiences coming from this.

If you have time skim through the thread pls, as I believe my point came across better after a few posts.

EDIT: I think this is the question i REALLY want answered

Again, I agree with you on the intention of honor. But if "Bribing" helps get better team comps aka less trolling, why is that bad or toxic?
Lyte, Pls?

Ive tried everything (including a support ticket) to get riot to comment on this.

phatcat09

10-05-2012

so a whole lotta nothing got implemented, and you';re penalizing peopel fro trading nothing o.o lol....

Daen

10-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDiddy View Post
Lyte, Pls?

Ive tried everything (including a support ticket) to get riot to comment on this.
I'm guessing the reason a Rioter hasn't answered you is because on that thread there are multiple correct replies from the community already...

Honor is meant to be a metric to identify positive members of the community, so if you cheat to get it you're basically ruining the entire purpose of the initiative.

Sharag

10-05-2012

@Lyte:
I have a few questions:

I'm sure you have your ways how to monitor the honor initiative, but would you be willing to share some results with us or would that compromise the experiment in some way?

Has the report percentage dropped since Honor was implemented?

We can see a good number of threads saying how Honor was a success and how the games are already much more pleasant. Do you think there could be a sort of placebo effect at work here? Like, people saw that Honor was implemented, they expected that would improve general in-game behavior and now label any non-toxic game as honorable. So, the percentage of non-toxic games may not have increased as much as people may believe, but now we have a label for those non-toxic games which kinda makes them more visible and thus more memorable. What do you think?

Ñin

10-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
As long as you are not punished by the Tribunal for toxic behavior or Honor abuse, you will keep your Honor across Seasons.
.... Lyte... I LOVE U!...

NOW WERE'S my Honor point! >

Ñin

10-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
Lyte... I LOVE YOU!...

NOW WERE'S MY Honor point?! >