Garen is becoming a nightmare

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TerasDominicus

10-04-2012

You are Irelia . Get ninja tabi + any kind of armor . Unless garen builds Armpen I guarantee he won't be able to touch you.

Omnicloudx13

10-04-2012

Know his cooldowns on his abilities, and try and bait out his skills and counterattack when his E is on cooldown. Don't let him start regen-ing too much with his passive in lane, ask for jungle presence if you think you're falling behind.

Late game he'll be looking to rush your carries, so as Irelia you can peel for your team and try to kill him as he overextends or dive the enemy carries. His W is really strong later in the game, so he'll be really strong when it's up as well.

Also if he isn't building damage, then a ninja tabi or chain vest will take away a lot of his damage.

GL

Mors Martell

10-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omnicloudx13 View Post
Know his cooldowns on his abilities, and try and bait out his skills and counterattack when his E is on cooldown. Don't let him start regen-ing too much with his passive in lane, ask for jungle presence if you think you're falling behind.

Late game he'll be looking to rush your carries, so as Irelia you can peel for your team and try to kill him as he overextends or dive the enemy carries. His W is really strong later in the game, so he'll be really strong when it's up as well.

Also if he isn't building damage, then a ninja tabi or chain vest will take away a lot of his damage.

GL

Problem was more team fight phase than lane phase. He would just rush my carry and I couldn't kill him fast enough to stop that.

800eloPubtrash

10-04-2012

I doubt he was "full tank". Maybe more tank items and only 1-2 bruiser items but not full tank.

ColossusCat

10-04-2012

Garen falls off really hard late game, he has a monstrously good early game though. Play it safe, and dont trade. With Garen's passive constant aggression or a one-shot-blow-everything-fight is what is gonna win/lose you the lane. In the later game just keep him away from your carry and you'll find that he really won't make much of a difference aside from his annoying silence.

michelada

10-04-2012

garen rape irelia early

Mors Martell

10-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColossusCat View Post
Garen falls off really hard late game, he has a monstrously good early game though. Play it safe, and dont trade. With Garen's passive constant aggression or a one-shot-blow-everything-fight is what is gonna win/lose you the lane. In the later game just keep him away from your carry and you'll find that he really won't make much of a difference aside from his annoying silence.
how??

Colbyjack7

10-04-2012

You shouldn't be focusing on Garen as Irelia in team fights.

lemonchief

10-04-2012

Ninja tabi+madred's as Irelia vs. Garen=GG.

octavian1127

10-04-2012

My Garen build:

Boots of Swiftness
Sunfire Cape
Maw of Malmortious
GA
IE
Ghost blade/BT