Garen is becoming a nightmare

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mors Martell

10-04-2012

He's literally just building tank items and still dishing out mass damage...

any tips?

I went Irelia top. I did ok in lane, out csed, and even got two kills on him early. But late game, he was like a solid brick wall and I died much faster.

TerasDominicus

10-04-2012

You're doing it wrong.

EDIT : I just realized this response was too f*cking rude of me . I am sorry. I am a d*ck sometimes.

You are Irelia . You have more sustain than garen and you deal true damage.
Build ninja tabi and any kind of armor . If garen does not have sufficient armpen he won't be able to harm you.
If he is building health and tank items just ignore him . The only thing he can do is KS his teammates.

Hugler

10-04-2012

build armor.

Mors Martell

10-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyriacos View Post
You're doing it wrong.
What should I do? He seems completely unstoppable

Asylum Lux

10-04-2012

That's what he does. His ultimate, a huge execution nuke, doesn't require him to build any damage. However, he has only a single-target silence for crowd control, making him worse than Mundo in that department.

BACKSTABUUU

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-04-2012

That's definitely not true, I just had a Garen on my team who bought nothing but health and armor, and he was totally ****ing useless.

Omnicloudx13

10-04-2012

Know his cooldowns on his abilities, and try and bait out his skills and counterattack when his E is on cooldown. Don't let him start regen-ing too much with his passive in lane, ask for jungle presence if you think you're falling behind.

Late game he'll be looking to rush your carries, so as Irelia you can peel for your team and try to kill him as he overextends or dive the enemy carries. His W is really strong later in the game, so he'll be really strong when it's up as well.

Aquelarres

10-04-2012

I find Shurelia's to be one of the strongest items against him.

Mors Martell

10-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by die4769 View Post
That's definitely not true, I just had a Garen on my team who bought nothing but health and armor, and he was totally ****ing useless.
Well the one i faced, I beat him lane, but in team fights he would just rush into tower and manage to live due to his shield and natural tankiness

octavian1127

10-04-2012

Pure tank Garen is worse than Darius for KS. At least Darius can dish out damage before execution.