Jungle is almost as bad as support now...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

iainB85

10-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mynt View Post
It doesn't matter if the jungler is underfed compared to the gold lanes. In any engagement, you'll outnumber your enemy. And even if the enemy jungler counterganks, it's still even.

Don't underestimate the power of being constantly MIA.
The discussion is more around the late game / team fight aspect of jungling. Sure, during the laning phase pretty much anyone is viable by your definition. But in terms of late game, you will have significantly less gold than all CSing laners late game due to the current design of the jungle, so if you aren't a champion with a low farm kit (aka support champs), you fall off - and fall off hard.

Dracid

10-04-2012

bump for red post

msgerbs

10-04-2012

So I'm not the only one who's been noticing this. Whenever I jungle, I feel like I always get the short stick.

I make a gank, enable 2 kills, and die? Well, that sucks, have fun jungling with no buffs.

Make a gank, burn their flash but lose most of your hp? Looks like you're going back 100g short of your first item.

And let's not forget how everybody constantly steals your camps after failing in their own lane. Especially late-game, I feel like I have to scavenge for gold, meanwhile the rest of the team wants to teamfight constantly while I'm catching up.

I could go on all day, but it seems like the #1 rule of LoL is that the jungler will ALWAYS get screwed. It didn't used to be like this, but it sure is now.

Quenton

10-04-2012

Bummmp

CJ Entus FatLife

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-04-2012

bumping due to agreement

iainB85

10-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by msgerbs View Post
So I'm not the only one who's been noticing this. Whenever I jungle, I feel like I always get the short stick.

I make a gank, enable 2 kills, and die? Well, that sucks, have fun jungling with no buffs.

Make a gank, burn their flash but lose most of your hp? Looks like you're going back 100g short of your first item.

And let's not forget how everybody constantly steals your camps after failing in their own lane. Especially late-game, I feel like I have to scavenge for gold, meanwhile the rest of the team wants to teamfight constantly while I'm catching up.

I could go on all day, but it seems like the #1 rule of LoL is that the jungler will ALWAYS get screwed. It didn't used to be like this, but it sure is now.
We feel you, you definitely are not the only one or this thread wouldn't have so many up votes

Fronslin

10-04-2012

Look, my self cannot jungle for ****.
Cant find a champ i can work with
cant manage ganking and jungleing properly
If i could say one thing about this, If you mess up once, (i.e miss a buff/ die with no trade off)
You have a very low chance to come back

where as If your a support you can comeback if you work with your team.

and on top of that level differences are different
(if you lose your jungle your going to go further behind than if you died as support)

iainB85

10-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fronslin View Post
Look, my self cannot jungle for ****.
Cant find a champ i can work with
cant manage ganking and jungleing properly
If i could say one thing about this, If you mess up once, (i.e miss a buff/ die with no trade off)
You have a very low chance to come back

where as If your a support you can comeback if you work with your team.

and on top of that level differences are different
(if you lose your jungle your going to go further behind than if you died as support)
I think you misunderstand the point. The point wasn't that support and jungle play exactly the same, it's that with the current design of jungle they are essentially performing the same roll because both rolls are currently denied a viable way of getting gold. It's a sour taste for a veteran jungler especially, as it wasn't always this way.

Subdue

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-04-2012

Well, I gave you an extended explanation for what you've failed to realize, and rather than respond or acknowledge that lengthy post you simply downvoted and ignored it.

Good luck with your QQ thread.

iainB85

10-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominatius Maxim View Post
Well, I gave you an extended explanation for what you've failed to realize, and rather than respond or acknowledge that lengthy post you simply downvoted and ignored it.

Good luck with your QQ thread.
You didn't say anything that counteracted my original post, so I didn't feel the need to respond. All you did was talk about clear times and counter jungling, neither of which addresses the issue I have brought up.