I love the new honor system.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Oberic

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-04-2012

Once upon a time, we could report using the "Recently Played" list.

Falconacious

10-04-2012

I love Honor! This is the single best thing you have ever done for this game. Even when someone starts being negative and crazy, all it takes is a reminder about honor and people straighten up.

Clock Code

10-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by VonBurgermeister View Post
Do you think you'd still have a clear memory of what went on in the game if you came back to honor later?
Actually yes, I do. But only people in my recent match history. What if you allowed people to honor/report people from their recently played tab? It's quite easy to remember who was who even multiple games ago since it shows both the champ they played AND their name. That way you would have a larger window to honor people, however it wouldn't be as reliant upon the faulty memory of humans.

cyz0r DxG STaTuZ

10-04-2012

My opinions on the honor system. Well I just recently started to be more friendly not because of the honor system but I just got off my 3rd ban of 2 weeks. I did deserve my bans (kinda) seeing as I was being a total jerk BUT my team or the enemies were being just as bad first. I'm a chill fun guy but I also don't take $**t from no one. I play for fun but winning is fun I hate losing. I'll be honest I have blown up on a few people that didn't deserve it but that pretty rare. I just hate how people are such babies and hide behind the tribunal. I used to never report because trash talk is a part of gaming. Always always will be I do know some things like racism and stuff is totally unacceptable but things related to the game.

Ok so now about the honor. I do like it because it shows how people are. Yea I'm a jerk but in the past 2 days I've gotten 8 friendlys 5 teamworks 1 helpful and 2 honorable opponents all of which I did not ask for which is what I have to talk about later. So yea I might get on your case but I'm not a bad guy I'll defend myself I will help you with builds or tips and I am chill if you are too. I say gg after ever game win or loss. So far I like the system because it shows who I am. Now about the people who beg for it. I dont not honor you if you ask even if you deserve it. If you have to ask thats not who you are. You should be doing every honorable thing on your own without only wanting to receive honor. And asking for it is annoying and defeats the purpose.

So yea I like the system itself and tbh reward would be cool but I kinda don't want them because people only do it for the rewards.

EC Defiler

10-04-2012

My first match since this system was with a Teemo, so you know nothing friendly comes out of him.

Evexrael

10-04-2012

Quote:
Do you think you'd still have a clear memory of what went on in the game if you came back to honor later?
I also ran into this situation where I wanted to go back and honor someone after the fact.

Perhaps a method for honoring after the summary screen would be nice, but only available until the next match is started. This way one's most recent and easiest to remember would be the only one available to give honor after the fact.

Madman Reborn

10-04-2012

Quote:
That would be rad if he could, I usually can't even remember who the honor when still in the after game lobby

Fox P McCloud

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-04-2012

Quote:
Within a few minutes after leaving a game? Sure...beyond that, it gets sketchy fast.

Rezule

Recruiter

10-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverTheBlueSky View Post
I wish I could honor after i leave end screen... I always forget to honor someone that did good.
I wish my client would not glitch out and shut down the end screen after a really good match. so i could honor some really good player.

XVI Michael IVX

10-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyz0r DxG STaTuZ View Post
My opinions on the honor system. Well I just recently started to be more friendly not because of the honor system but I just got off my 3rd ban of 2 weeks. I did deserve my bans (kinda) seeing as I was being a total jerk BUT my team or the enemies were being just as bad first. I'm a chill fun guy but I also don't take $**t from no one. I play for fun but winning is fun I hate losing. I'll be honest I have blown up on a few people that didn't deserve it but that pretty rare. I just hate how people are such babies and hide behind the tribunal. I used to never report because trash talk is a part of gaming. Always always will be I do know some things like racism and stuff is totally unacceptable but things related to the game.

Ok so now about the honor. I do like it because it shows how people are. Yea I'm a jerk but in the past 2 days I've gotten 8 friendlys 5 teamworks 1 helpful and 2 honorable opponents all of which I did not ask for which is what I have to talk about later. So yea I might get on your case but I'm not a bad guy I'll defend myself I will help you with builds or tips and I am chill if you are too. I say gg after ever game win or loss. So far I like the system because it shows who I am. Now about the people who beg for it. I dont not honor you if you ask even if you deserve it. If you have to ask thats not who you are. You should be doing every honorable thing on your own without only wanting to receive honor. And asking for it is annoying and defeats the purpose.

So yea I like the system itself and tbh reward would be cool but I kinda don't want them because people only do it for the rewards.
I see what you mean about the rewards, but as I said earlier, even if people do it just for the rewards, the habits will form and they will end up doing it just because they became a nice person.