I feel like I'm stuck in a constant spiral.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DrShroob

10-03-2012

Long story short, I want to be 30 wins over losses. It's a small goal I've put in place and since most of my friends are anywhere from 50-100 wins over losses, I'd like to be at least semi-close. At the minute, I'm 25, but this number fluctuates violently.

Usually, I get to 29 wins over losses, and then I lose about 4 games, taking me back a huge step.

What can I do to just... reach my goal? That's all I really want right now. If it's not one thing, it's another. Play top? Enemy picks Jayce/Yorick/Malphite, so I'm screwed, and then the jungler insults me all game because "My champ is so OP, noob can't play."... and proceeds to do terribly himself.

Play someone tanky top like Malphite or Shen? Suddenly there's an AP top.

Play mid? Get counterplayed by someone like Katarina, Kassadin, or Brand. I honestly have no idea how to beat Katarina in lane as someone like Eve, Gragas, or Ryze.

Support? Get an ADC who can't last hit worth a damn and goes 0/6.

I feel hopeless. I know if I ever get back to 29 wins over losses, it'll just kick me right back down, so, what can I do?

jloysnenph

10-03-2012

Ranked or normals is the first question here.

Im going to assume ranked for now.

My best advice would be to play with your +100 win friends. Remember, to be a millionaire, you have to hang out with millionaires.

Hope this helps.

DrShroob

10-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by jloysnenph View Post
Ranked or normals is the first question here.

Im going to assume ranked for now.

My best advice would be to play with your +100 win friends. Remember, to be a millionaire, you have to hang out with millionaires.

Hope this helps.
Nope, it's normals.

If I were to play with my friends, I'd be crushed.

Zayden Wolfsbane

10-03-2012

Add me, I am by no means an expert, but I have friends who I play with and we have teamspeak.

We will try and help you get some wins.

Keep in mind, this game is about fun, not about winning, if your not having fun while losing (not even joking) this might not be the game for you because losing and losing streaks are very very common (Or so im told)

Sincerely Zayden Wolfsbane.

TehomCD

10-03-2012

Blind pick normals are always gonna be random that way - you'll get a lot of matchups you just can't win on your own if the players are about equal. But if you play better than the enemy player, you can turn it into a farm lane, or even win if you get jungle help.

If you're winning about as many games as you're losing, it's nothing to be ashamed of, it just means you're being matched appropriately. If you keep improving, you'll just slowly accumulate more wins than losses, and it'll be reflected in the skill of players you're matched with/against. It's also worth mentioning that the number of wins you have over losses, while it has a very rough correlation with Elo, is -very- rough. You really shouldn't get hung up on the exact number since it's pretty arbitrary. Someone with +20 wins over losses could easily be one of the best players in the world if they went 20-0 when they first made the account.

DrShroob

10-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zayden Wolfsbane View Post
Add me, I am by no means an expert, but I have friends who I play with and we have teamspeak.

We will try and help you get some wins.

Keep in mind, this game is about fun, not about winning, if your not having fun while losing (not even joking) this might not be the game for you because losing and losing streaks are very very common (Or so im told)

Sincerely Zayden Wolfsbane.
Oh, I don't mind losing, I just want to hit my goal, which seems that it's increasingly harder to to lately.

Sereg Anfaug

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-03-2012

How do you see your losses in normals?

As far as getting counterpicked, don't pick a mid or top champ if you can't see theirs yet. Obviously, there will be times when you have to, but if you're constantly calling mid or top as one of the first few picks, that's going to be a problem.

Learn to ADC and jungle as well, so you can play all roles.

Hope that helps.

DrShroob

10-04-2012

I think.... I need a break.....

Now down to 24 wins over losses.... I haven't won a game in ages..... and for the most part... it wasn't really even my fault.....

1st game: We do good but in teamfights my team focuses the tank, causing them to get slaughtered.

2nd game: Kayle goes complete ape crazy and becomes a reckless endangerment to herself and her team, causing a ton of deaths.

3rd game: Get laned against a Leblanc, as Twisted Fate. Not much you can do in that situation...

4th game: I get paired up against Warwick in top lane... as Olaf. I can't burst him down at all.

5th game: Jungler quits after he feeds a ton.

6th game: Now this one just pisses me off..... We were WINNING, but our support got bored and forced a surrender vote, and my other 3 teammates voted yes.... and we were winning.....

I think.... I just need to take a really.... really.... long break. This is.... just ridiculous all the crappy people I've had to play with lately.

Magus Crow

10-04-2012

Game 1: Might want to look at trying to backdoor while your team holds down the fort. This isnt a gaurantee of victory but it should take some pressure off of your team if they are failing in teamfights as one or two people are likely to peel off of their force if you do this correctly.

Game 2: Carrying a feeder is never fun but it certainly isnt an impossible task. Sometimes you just have to babysit them.

Game 3: This shouldnt be a major problem actually. TF is a good pusher and LeBlanc stinks at hitting under turret. Keep away from her burst potential and push her back to her tower then go roaming and try to snowball top and bottom lane.

Game 4: Farm the lane. You both have crazy sustain so unless you throw the jungle into the mix its doubtful either of you can knock the other one out of lane. Olaf (IMO) scales better than WW does so play for lategame advantage.

Game 5: 4 v 5 is never fun but it can be done. Not sure what else to say here.

Game 6: That sucks....

I think some of the problems here can be attributed to your mindset. Having a feeder on your team doesnt instantly mean that you are going to lose (though it probably means you've got a tough game if nothing else). A bad lane or equal lane match doesnt mean a loss either. Learn what champs give you problems and what the weak points in their game are. You may not win the lane but if you exploit the weaknesses you should be able to get one of your other lanes to snowball or have a better late game than they do.

DrShroob

10-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magus Crow View Post
Game 1: Might want to look at trying to backdoor while your team holds down the fort. This isnt a gaurantee of victory but it should take some pressure off of your team if they are failing in teamfights as one or two people are likely to peel off of their force if you do this correctly.

Game 2: Carrying a feeder is never fun but it certainly isnt an impossible task. Sometimes you just have to babysit them.

Game 3: This shouldnt be a major problem actually. TF is a good pusher and LeBlanc stinks at hitting under turret. Keep away from her burst potential and push her back to her tower then go roaming and try to snowball top and bottom lane.

Game 4: Farm the lane. You both have crazy sustain so unless you throw the jungle into the mix its doubtful either of you can knock the other one out of lane. Olaf (IMO) scales better than WW does so play for lategame advantage.

Game 5: 4 v 5 is never fun but it can be done. Not sure what else to say here.

Game 6: That sucks....

I think some of the problems here can be attributed to your mindset. Having a feeder on your team doesnt instantly mean that you are going to lose (though it probably means you've got a tough game if nothing else). A bad lane or equal lane match doesnt mean a loss either. Learn what champs give you problems and what the weak points in their game are. You may not win the lane but if you exploit the weaknesses you should be able to get one of your other lanes to snowball or have a better late game than they do.
The issue with Leblanc is that, if I even stepped one foot into her range, bam, half my hp gone. She was ridiculous.

The first game, the enemy Katarina had picked up some kills from other lanes, even though I called mia, and she was dominating with her ult. I was playing Twisted Fate, so I knew I could stop her with my yellow card... but lo and behold, I hit her with it.... and it doesn't stun her out of her ult for some reason.

The WW lane was tough mostly because our Jungler was being a jerk. Kept typing in chat "Noob top" despite me trying to outfarm him... but it was hard once the enemy jungler started camping. And once that happened, WW started to roam, assassinating squishy teammates.

The 4 v 5 we were actually doing okay in, but there was a 6 stack cho'gath with a near full build and a full build Master Yi. I was Anivia... so I blew up.