Give Xerath's ult an ammo system

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dannamoth

QA Analyst

Follow Dannamoth on Twitter

10-04-2012
1 of 1 Riot Posts

I've been delaying posting in this thread because of time constraints and wanting to make a decent post about it.

My thoughts on an ammo system for Xerath:

I'm actually quite afraid of moving Xerath's ult to an ammo system. In order to balance out the fact that Xerath can pop you with an ult charge almost whenever he wants, you would need to reduce something it does now, ie range/damage/number of max charges.

One thing I do like that the ammo system solves is Xerath feeling like a limp noodle whenever his ult is on cooldown. It would allow you to get an EQR combo off and harass your opponents more than once every 60 seconds (which to be fair is super short).

In regards to giving Xerath more poke via ammo system:

I actually don't think he's deficient at poking right now. Once you get your Q/W leveled up you can rattle off long range poke constantly. I think the usability of his W and passive need to be addressed before his ultimate.

Disclaimer: These are my personal thoughts.

bigolfish

10-04-2012

Seems legit.

IS1c4d0c584523e580653b4

10-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannamoth View Post
I've been delaying posting in this thread because of time constraints and wanting to make a decent post about it.

I'm actually quite afraid of moving Xerath's ult to an ammo system. In order to balance out the fact that Xerath can pop you with an ult charge almost whenever he wants, you would need to reduce something it does now, ie range/damage/number of max charges.

One thing I do like that the ammo system solves is Xerath feeling like a limp noodle whenever his ult is on cooldown. It would allow you to get an EQR combo off and harass your opponents more than once every 60 seconds (which to be fair is super short).

I actually don't think he's deficient at poking right now. Once you get your Q/W leveled up you can rattle off long range poke constantly. I think the usability of his W and passive need to be addressed before his ultimate.

I agree with them completely!

Piatchi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-04-2012

But wouldn't you agree that Xerath is on the weak side of champs right now?

Why would you want to scale back something? That constant threat would make him very strong in this meta. Constant long range threat has amazing possibilities.

Dreggon

10-04-2012

Quote:
Change damage to be based on number of charges possessed within the last ~6 seconds. If you had 3 charges, you can blow them all for max damage. If you've only just gotten a charge back, it does less damage.

Lazersaurus

10-04-2012

Quote:

why does he need a nerf to get his ult on ammo system?

Xerath damage is overall average,his ap scaling are good but not that good,even by landing his entire ultimate most of the time he cant 100% to 0 someone,and xerath it's completely useless while his ult is on CD,if you are not going to give it an ammo system then by all means reduce the cd because 70 seconds of CD at rank 1 it's way too much.

oh and while you are here,can you give us some insight about his passive?

i feel that on a long range artillery Champion like him is totally out of place.

KalastRaven

10-04-2012

Yeah free armor is great, but on a champion who shouldn't get in close it doesn't make sense.

Magus Magi

10-04-2012

Quote:

Even though I tend to err on the side of most potential changes for Xerath, I'm really happy you chose to make a post on this thread. Even if you don't support this particular idea, just your choosing to take the time to recognize the members of the community posting here means a great deal. EmrldCitySlasher and a bunch of the other guys on here worked to maintain this thread’s position on the front page and rally support; the fact that you’ve taken the time to recognize their effort shows that you care. Wtg Dannamoth, you’ve got a fan in me.

N49

10-04-2012

Xerath ult needs to be made into what Kog's ult is.

A long range poke with a ramping mana cost.

His entire kit is supposed to be about artillery bombardment, and yet, his ultimate ability catches none of that feeling.

Zaike

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-04-2012

Xerath is very underwhelming right now. I agree that his passive is horrible for a caster.