I love the new honor system.

First Riot Post
12345678 ... 9
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Baneson

10-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bendak View Post
People have been going out of their way to be nice in nearly all of my games.

I have seen more smile emoticons in-game in the last week than I have in the entire year before that.
I'll get serious here. I love the Honor System. I really hope it continues this trend of good behaviour from players.

I played a Ranked game and no one went out and raged. Even after we lost 2 people to face-checking the brush. Simple "It's dangerous to go out alone." and it was done. Another time the support and I (the jungler) double warded the same brush. Instead of getting flamed I get a "Double wards OP" which really made me chuckle. I was flabbergasted and wound up having a great time.

All in all a great experience to both Give and Receive Honor.

Truly nice job Riot. Keep it up!

FallenAbaddon

10-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by VonBurgermeister View Post
Hi - I'm the UX Designer working on Honor.

Your post really made me smile. That's awesome to hear!
Have to say keep up the good work, really love the fact that you guys have made the game so much better in such a short time, of course it won't stop all trolls but at least will stop most. :3 Love your idea, so cheers to both your team as well as you good sir.

Baneson

10-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roflwagon View Post
scumbag riot ignores the hundreds of threads about how kiss ass (and annoying) the honor system is and then responds to the one kiss ass thread about the honor system. ggwp
Oh my, what a vulgar fellow.

VonBurgermeister

UX Designer

10-03-2012
3 of 5 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallenAbaddon View Post
Have to see keep up the good work, really love the fact that you guys have made the game so much better in such a short time, of course it won't stop all trolls but at least will stop most. :3 Love your idea, so cheers to both your team as well as you good sir.
Thank you!

We've been working pretty hard and are excited to see what more we can do in the future.

Catches Axes

10-03-2012

The only odd thing about the honor system is that if I'm my usual polite-to-a-fault self, I get accused of being an honor *****, white knight or other derogatory term... I've had to adjust from e.g. "We're winning, could you guys stop arguing and just play?" when one teammate is down on another one to "We're winning, shut up and play" just to avoid turning the trolls against me.

Seems like a small price to pay, all in all.

XVI Michael IVX

10-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumyr View Post
The only odd thing about the honor system is that if I'm my usual polite-to-a-fault self, I get accused of being an honor *****, white knight or other derogatory term... I've had to adjust from e.g. "We're winning, could you guys stop arguing and just play?" when one teammate is down on another one to "We're winning, shut up and play" just to avoid turning the trolls against me.

Seems like a small price to pay, all in all.
I haven't ran into anything like this yet. I really hope it doesn't turn out like this.

XVI Michael IVX

10-03-2012

What does everyone else think about honor?

Keggarr

10-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by VonBurgermeister View Post
Hmmm... there are several schools of thought on that. Some people prefer to season both sides first; some season one side, then flip and season the other; but I tend to lean towards mixing the seasoning in with the meat and then putting it on the grill.

No matter what you don't want to over season or you'll lose the natural taste of the groundbeef instead of enhancing it

Whoa whoa whoa whoa

Mix the seasoning in? That's just crazy. You have lost my business Riot.

NBG SoBe

10-03-2012

I thoroughly enjoy honor. Today I won a game where our Malphite D/C'd. We stuck together, worked hard, and positioned well and took out carries fast. If it had been like most other games, people would've been spamming surrender and trash talking and complaining, team would have fell apart. Instead, we fought it out and won a hard fought well earned game and got honor from our enemies for stickin it out and finishing the game and honored each other for staying positive and working as a team :P

VonBurgermeister

UX Designer

10-04-2012
4 of 5 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keggarr View Post
Whoa whoa whoa whoa

Mix the seasoning in? That's just crazy. You have lost my business Riot.
Admittedly my career as an executive chef has not taken off lol

UX designer it is then!

12345678 ... 9