What's up with all the Jerks?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Salinas

10-03-2012

I have been playing League for a quite a while now, and I've never posted on or even read the forums, but this is an issue that is really irksome to me and I feel like I have to talk about it.

I am glad that Riot introduced the honor system. It seemed to me a way to encourage people to behave more civilized toward other players; however, I feel like a dishonor system should have be implemented right alongside that.

So many players are just plain mean. It seems like it gets worse all the time. Heaven forbid that you have a bad match, or that your mouse battery dies and you end up getting killed. People will curse you out, wish you dead, and generally piss on your head.

I try to be diplomatic, but with the attitudes of these people, that is nearly impossible. I usually get responses like "I don't need to be nice to you because you're worthless and fat." I understand that this type of internet trolling exists, but I didn't think it ran so rampant. It's not even rage, it's just plain meanness (I'm not sure if that's an actual word, but you know what I mean).

These poor personalities in players have very negatively affected my gameplay. It's bad for morale, not only for the individual, but for the team.

It's hard sometimes to just let such insulting words go, and perhaps I am too sensitive (yes, I am a female, after all - and no, I won't gb2k, or make you a sandwich). I try to be friendly to everybody, and I've helped many new players. I don't rage at people for making mistakes, and I don't tell them I hope they get cancer (yes, I have actually seen someone say that before).

Maybe I should just stop playing.

Of course, this wouldn't be the internet if this post doesn't end up getting replies telling me to go kill myself or some other such trolling, nasty response - I do expect a few, but I am a hoping that I will get some genuine responses as well.

What is the point of all that negativity? It definitely makes the game less enjoyable.

What do you guys think?

spicytaco69

10-03-2012

Players are generally better in the mornings wonder why

Rehno

10-03-2012

if you stop playing because someone called you fat, i don't know what you want me to say

Scarlet Flandre

10-03-2012

not enough minerals
also they eating pancakes not waffles for breakfast
Attachment 536152

Reizuc

10-03-2012

There's already a dishonor system. It's called the Tribunal.

As for the mean people (and those I constantly refer to as @$$hats) they are everywhere. I recently started getting an influx of people who think just because you are playing a bot game, you have free reign to be a total and utter d!ck to other players.

Hopefully, part of the honor system will match you up with other players with similar honor levels. Nothing is worse than playing with people who go out of their way to make the gaming experience as bad as possible for everyone else.

If only I could reach through the monitor and punch em in the face. xD

Salinas

10-06-2012

Aha, I totally agree with you there, Reizuc! With regards to the Tribunal. . . Sure, you can report someone for "negative attitude," and "verbal harassment" but I just don't really feel that it's all that effective. Most people don't even bother to do it.

Also, @Rehno, I wouldn't be quitting because someone called me fat. . that would be silly. I know us girls are sensitive about our weight, but that's just ridiculous :P Not like they can see me through the screen (and if they could, then attempting to call me fat would be the the most pointless insult ever).

Thanks for the replies guys <3

General Stinky

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salinas View Post
Aha, I totally agree with you there, Reizuc! With regards to the Tribunal. . . Sure, you can report someone for "negative attitude," and "verbal harassment" but I just don't really feel that it's all that effective. Most people don't even bother to do it.
Some people do it to people like every game

ShadowRogues

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Salinas

10-06-2012

Ah, well some people do I suppose. I think a dishonor button would be more satisfying though :P That is just my personal opinion.

Salinas

10-06-2012

@ShadowRogues the video has been removed from youtube!