Suddenly high ping.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kongmingtwo CrM

10-03-2012

it actually usually hops through at&t 4-5 times before that, so maybe it's the one after it. next hop is

InterNAP Network Services, PNAP-LAX PNAP-LAX-INAP-BB-1 (NET-216-52-254-0-1) 216.52.254.0 -
Internap Network Services Corporation PNAP-8-98 (NET-216-52-0-0-1) 216.52.0.0 -

VirtualPride

10-03-2012

Im also having this problem it started late last night and briefly stopped today but its back at it. Im usually at a 75 but its setting around 160 and occasionally will jump to 300 im obviously not the only one having this problem and neither of my losses this way were forgiven both being ranked games. Riot Please Fix this soon.

Seksymist

10-03-2012

This happens to me to.. high ping and then Attempting to reconnect msg :/

Seksymist

10-03-2012

I have to say something, since the last patch of KHA i guess, im having problems with my internet in general.. i mean i have problems with videos in youtube, i have problems with facebook and obviously i cant play lol without lag, high ping, attempting to reconnect msg, is there a chance that the last patch come with some kind of change that do something to my internet connection?, i just called to my internet provider and they dont see anything wrong in the logs of my connection but im laging in every single game..

PD: Sorry for the bad english lol.

Anonymys

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

10-03-2012

I'm not having any connection issues (so far). Just the abnormally high ping.

Also I don't understand anything you said about traceroutes and I don't have AT&T.

Lysandren

10-03-2012

Traceroutes show the path the data takes from your computer to their servers. It doesn't matter if you have AT&T bc the data is going from comcast to them and on to riot. Just bc Comcast is our ISP doesn't mean that our data packets travel along only their network to the destination.

Bloodwallow

10-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by VirtualPride View Post
Im also having this problem it started late last night and briefly stopped today but its back at it. Im usually at a 75 but its setting around 160 and occasionally will jump to 300 im obviously not the only one having this problem and neither of my losses this way were forgiven both being ranked games. Riot Please Fix this soon.

it improved for me today earlier as well for at least 2 games, but then went right back to ~180 ping afterwards, (it's still at that right now). As far as I can tell it's been going on since last night. I played games all yesterday with ~65 ping but last night around midnight it hit 175 in lol for no reason. Same story today.

Only in lol of course. No lag in GW2. ping to google = 19ms. 1.9 MB / s download on steam. so it's not my net.

VirtualPride

10-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lysandren View Post
Traceroutes show the path the data takes from your computer to their servers. It doesn't matter if you have AT&T bc the data is going from comcast to them and on to riot. Just bc Comcast is our ISP doesn't mean that our data packets travel along only their network to the destination.
Fckin comcast

VirtualPride

10-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrlkol View Post
it improved for me today earlier as well for at least 2 games, but then went right back to ~180 ping afterwards, (it's still at that right now). As far as I can tell it's been going on since last night. I played games all yesterday with ~65 ping but last night around midnight it hit 175 in lol for no reason. Same story today.

Only in lol of course. No lag in GW2. ping to google = 19ms. 1.9 MB / s download on steam. so it's not my net.
If so many people are having this problem youd think RIOT would say something to the community about it.

U Mad Ye U mad

10-03-2012

having the same issue... usually 87-90ms steady, now past couple of days been 187-191ms steady... not sure why...