How are you preparing for the Season 2 Playoffs?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Piatchi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-03-2012

A lot of people have reserved the large televisions/couches inside of the Student Technology Center in the University of Arkansas on these days.

A lot of students and LoL fans are going to watch it together and cheer for their favorite teams.

Zerglinator

10-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romulus View Post
That's awesome man. When I originally started at Riot I made the cross country drive from Pennsylvania with my dad. It happened to be during the qualifiers for the Season One championship. I remember hooking my laptop up to the hotel tv somewhere in the middle of no-where just to watch the games and teach my dad all about LoL. It was amazing how quickly he got into it after I explained the basics.
Wait, you're from Pennsylvania? So am I.

Riot Romulus

Manager, Social Media Team

Follow Romulus on Twitter

10-03-2012
6 of 14 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nestrinast View Post
studying, homework, and academics.
300-level courses are demanding. 200-level courses were not particularly preparatory for them.
Hopefully, at the end of the day I'll have enough time to read summaries and watch highlight clips of the matches on the forums & Reddit before collapsing.
Keep an eye on @lolesports and @leagueoflegends on twitter too, we'll be keeping everyone posted even if they can't make it to the event/stream.

Arctic Bro

10-03-2012

-Edit- Headhunter Sandwich 0_o

Riot Romulus

10-03-2012
7 of 14 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chrispy View Post
offtopic
Where from in PA? I live in PA.
Grew up just outside of Reading, PA. Went to Penn State.

Yohan Leafheart

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-03-2012

Quote:
While thousands of players will be joining us in LA tomorrow morning for the Playoffs, many of you will be streaming the action from home. How are you celebrating the Playoffs? Are you watching on your computer? Are you tuning in from the TV in the living room? Have you amassed stacks of food so you don't have to leave the house? Breaking out the Graggy-Ice and having your friends over to watch with you?

+1 for the biggest stockpile of frozen pizza

I have 12 bottles (600ml) of Heineken cooling, 2 bottles of homemade mead and I think I will set it my laptop on the big tv, as soon as I can find my spare HDMI cable

C0py Ninja

10-03-2012

Quote:
That's awesome man. When I originally started at Riot I made the cross country drive from Pennsylvania with my dad. It happened to be during the qualifiers for the Season One championship. I remember hooking my laptop up to the hotel tv somewhere in the middle of no-where just to watch the games and teach my dad all about LoL. It was amazing how quickly he got into it after I explained the basics.
I tried to teach my dad a bit about LoL, but he is still in the world of Galaga.

Droid Finale

10-03-2012

As asked many times before...Is this going to be on TV?
also I just moved from Carlisle to LA...(Just outside of harrisburg)

Riot Romulus

10-03-2012
8 of 14 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by UXLZ View Post
Not really caring. I've been gone for a few months so I have no clue what's going on, hell, while I recognise the team names I don't even have a clue who's playing for WHICH team. Too late to start getting into it now. =(
No way man, http://tournaments.leagueoflegends.c...d-championship is loaded with some awesome videos to catch you up. Pretty easy to digest and should get you up to speed with anything you missed.

Man Mode

10-03-2012

Quote:
Grew up just outside of Reading, PA. Went to Penn State.
Nice, I'm from Altoona, about 30 minutes away from University Park.