Updates to Legal Jibber Jabber

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Isist

10-03-2012

hmmm can this protect you from FBI and CIA?

Abysmii

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-03-2012

I really wish you guys would've gotten back to me about the paralegal position back in November of 2011. I still hadn't received my certificate yet, but I applied a couple times. Indulging two of my favourite passions would have been a dream come true.

That being said, keep up the good work, and make sure to keep all the IP safe (and not just the influence points!).

Ko Hakoo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lomar View Post
So for information tracking generally (this is for the specific types of information collection that get called out in the Privacy Policy), our goal is to just look at our users in the aggregate. We're not constructing individual profiles for people, or tying back. We're interested in just answering very general questions: "How old are people playing LoL?" "What is the gender split between players? Etc."
Is it too hard to ask this information? I would willingly give it, though I feel offended that instead it is mined from me.

I realize this is common practice, I just figure if anyone can answer this honestly it would be Riot.

Undercover Urf

Recruiter

10-03-2012

Good Guy Riot simplifies the Privacy Policy, Terms of Use (TOU) and End User License Agreement (EULA). Go Riot!

Undercover Urf

Recruiter

10-03-2012

Good Guy Riot simplifies the Privacy Policy, Terms of Use (TOU) and End User License Agreement (EULA) for it's users. Go Riot!

Undercover Urf

Recruiter

10-03-2012

Good Guy Riot simplifies the Privacy Policy, Terms of Use (TOU) and End User License Agreement (EULA) for its users. Good job Riot!

Dreampod

10-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undercover Urf View Post
Spammage
There is an edit button at the bottom of posts you made so you can make tiny corrections rather than reposting twice.

CyberTiger

10-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lomar View Post
  • Riot collects data/information associated with making a payment (rather than simply passing it along to third parties). We don’t do anything with that info except charge your card when you purchase RP (thanks!). We’ve added more clear language regarding refer-a-friend, newsletters, how to change your account info, and other services Riot provides.
This means our credit card number, CVV/password and billing address? Because if the case, this is a huge scam, specially with the arbitrary part.

Specify which kind of information.

Milo Tighfield

10-03-2012

Answer this

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImGoodAtStuff View Post
Precisely what I was wondering. Do I need to start using Tor to browse the LoL forums? Depending on how much and how well this is tracked it could become a target for hackers seeking information on say, political or famous persons. Regardless the fact you can see where we go when we leave LoL seems like a clear invasion of privacy unless you provide full anonymity which, seeing as you are tracking the information in the first place, I doubt you can guarantee. Doesn't the tracking of internet browsing fall under some wire tapping law?
Will i be able to agree to play the game AND not agree with the big brother system?
Can i play the game but refuse to cooperate with your data system?

answer this please. thank you

Lomar

Associate Producer

10-03-2012
5 of 7 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milo Tighfield View Post
Answer this

Will i be able to agree to play the game AND not agree with the big brother system?
Can i play the game but refuse to cooperate with your data system?

answer this please. thank you
I'm not sure what you mean here. Do you mean if you use some sort of masker or other tool that enables complete anonymity, will you be banned? No. Of course not.