Switching from Carry to Jungle?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JynxZephyr

10-03-2012

I really have no idea what I'm doing, and I need tips. Bad.

Ezreal is my main, but I'm trying to diversify my roles some. I bought Katarina and Kha'Zix, and tried them out. I did piss poor with Katarina, and decent with Kha'Zix, but that was pure chance for Kha'Zix. It was pretty obvious that I was BS'ing everything and just button mashing. Luck just so happened to be on my side.

I do like using Kha'Zix from what little I played, and want to continue using him, but I know if I played PvP with him, the results would just be... Uegh. How do I go from Ezreal to Kha'Zix? How do I set up my masteries/runes? How do you even jungle? Any amount of information would be great.

Viriki12

10-03-2012

Well, IMO you are building him for the wrong power. I build him for pure Attack Damage and almost no durability except for The Bloodthirster.
My full build is: Sword of the Occult, Boots of Lucidity, The Bloodthirster, The Brutalizer (later upgraded to Youmuu's Ghostblade), Phantom Dancer, Infinity Edge.

As for ability upgrades, I use points in the order of Q,E,W and R whenever it comes up.
For your first evolution point, always get Enlarged Claws. This increase damage to isolated targets, melee range and damage of Taste Their Fear. Next get Leap evolved, and finish off with your ultra.

Early in the game, if you can't get kills, go for assists. Both kills and assists stacks your Sword of the Occult getting you more AD.

Mid game and on: After you upgrade and evolve Taste Their Fear and Leap, Just jungle and look for gank opportunities. Once you have you Sword of the Occult fully stacked and Boots of Lucidity and Phantom Dancer, you have 484 movement speed or so.

Late game: With evolved leap, it refreshes on a kill or assist. Turret Diving cam become quite effective. If somebody retreats to their turret and starts to recall and they have somewhat low health, you can leap in, get the kill and leap out with only a few turret hits.

As for jungling, use the summoner spell Smite and possibly Heal. I use Smite and Clarity

Tips: Stack Sword of the Occult and Bloodthirster as much as you can. You will notice a great increase in AD. Once The Bloodthirster is fully stacked, go kill a few minions if you are low on health.

Hope this helps you! Once you have Kha'zix into a good game, you can ruin peoples days.

-Viriki12

Unholy Fenrir

10-03-2012

above guide is ok but has a great risk involved with the sword of the occult my way which is very similar is

if your jungling start with armor 5 pots or boots and 3 hpots ask for a good leash if you go with boots start with W at blue make your way to wolves getting Q,wraiths, golems then red, after red kill second wraiths then lvl 4 gank should have rank 2 Q rank 1 W and rank 1 E. choose gank appropriate to your situation if mid is getting harrassed gank mid and give him some breathing space if all lanes are push to tower head base and start to make wriggles and if u started with armor grab boots.

first evolve leap for turrent dives as they are common and since it resets after a kill very easy to get away with very little turrent damage then evovle Q and finally W for late game harrass.

item build sequence:

Boots+3health pots or armor 5 health pots
wriggles
finish boots (ninja tabi or merc treds depending on enemy team composition or mobility for early game ganks)
brutalizer(early game snowballing)can also sell to build PD late game
BT(sustain)
sheen(situational and to be built into tri force late game)
frozen mallet(abit of tankyness for survivabilty)
IE

MrRecht

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-04-2012

Make sure that when you jungle, you chain your cc with the laners, or use it in a way that will hinder their movement the most. It plays a big part. Since you main ez you're probably used to just useing all your stuff right away, junglers are a bit more annoying. You have to be a pain in their neck. xD

Fiveofswords

10-04-2012

well runes are important with jungling...for most champs you want attack speed and armor. The quicker and easier you kill the creeps the more attention you can give to help the lane....so be very good at killing them

Friesguy

10-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by JynxZephyr View Post
I really have no idea what I'm doing, and I need tips. Bad.

Ezreal is my main, but I'm trying to diversify my roles some. I bought Katarina and Kha'Zix, and tried them out. I did piss poor with Katarina, and decent with Kha'Zix, but that was pure chance for Kha'Zix. It was pretty obvious that I was BS'ing everything and just button mashing. Luck just so happened to be on my side.

I do like using Kha'Zix from what little I played, and want to continue using him, but I know if I played PvP with him, the results would just be... Uegh. How do I go from Ezreal to Kha'Zix? How do I set up my masteries/runes? How do you even jungle? Any amount of information would be great.
If you want to learn to jungle, try Nunu and Warwick in bot games. Once you've gotten stellar with them, move on to Kha since you'll understand jungling much better. Go on youtube and look at some jungle guides.

HaShedon

10-04-2012

Might be easier if you go with utility tanks in the jungle, at least to start out. Among other things, even if you screw up early on, you can still help out your team.

OuityDrood

10-04-2012

Kha's a bad pick for a beginning jungle IMO. I learned to jungle with Fiddlesticks, and Nocturne.

KeanuCleaves

10-04-2012

Well you can switch to jungle but since you're at summoner lvl 12 that'll be a bit tougher since you can't fill out your rune page. Many tanky junglers rely on 9x tier 3 flat armor runes to reduce damage as you clear your jungle since at lvl 1 you lack the sustain to passively farm. Now of course you don't need the full rune set - but it is helpful. You'll be forced to eat more health pots when clearing your jungle.

I'd suggest starting with Nunu who is a cheap (450 IP) champion and has great sustain for jungling. I personally started jungling with yi but after jungling with stronger junglers I can see how yi is quite lacking IMO. At low summoner levels especially you'll need a good leash at blue to start you off so you can clear your jungle. Even just an auto-attack from your mid laner across the wall would be really helpful. For pathing I'd suggest playing a custom game once or twice to get your route down.

I typically start: wolves => blue => wraiths => red or golems => gank => wolves => wraiths => golems => gank

It of course depends how the lanes look. I might go wolves => blue => lvl 2 gank, maybe at the enemy red or mid

or wolves => blue (smite) => wraiths => golems => red (smite) => wraiths => lvl 4 gank at mid then back to buy.

Mynt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-04-2012

When jungling, there's no room to dick around on your rune page or masteries. You really need to put every single point into getting as fast a start as possible. This is the only lane where your XP isn't fixed, so the quicker you level up, the exponentially quicker you will continue to do so for the rest of the game.

So until you hit level 30 it's going to be rough. Maybe try characters like Mundo or Olaf that clear quicker the more they're hurtin'?

I always go 9 points into defense, and put my 9 yellows into armor. Typically start cloth + 5 potions into MBR. Even on characters like Evelynn.