Visual Upgrade: Twisted Fate, the Card Master

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

yellOwho

10-03-2012

Heyyyy~~ sexy ladeeeeeyyyy~~ xd

Don Dre

10-03-2012

Looks sooo good great work Rework Team! ^-^

Hope Annie is on the upcoming rework list!

yellOwho

10-03-2012

Heyyyy~~ sexy ladeeeeyyy~~~~ xd

Cryo Egg

10-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
Amen to that.
Is riot even aware they have champions named Karma or Rumble?

Masquerade4927

10-03-2012

Thank you Riot, also would you consider doing a visual upgrade to singed?

Remiko Elliot

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricklessabandon View Post
all skins are affected by this update.
Does this mean Magnificent TF has something new in it too?
/crosses fingers

RiotAmes

QA Analyst

10-03-2012
5 of 9 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsolutionJailor View Post
Could we please get colorblind support on Pick-a-card? A simple 1/2/3, or a different design based on effect (fireball for AoE, waterdrop for mana, lightning bolt for stun).

EDIT: It looks like the cards actually have different designs.

As long as it transfers to the Pick-a-card icons and particles, I'll be so happy. Red is a sword, Blue is an eye, and Gold is chain links.
This is the case. rickless and the rest of the team were vocal and dedicated to making sure that these cards read well. It was challenging to do so without making them distractingly busy- hopefully we've accomplished both goals.

Glad to see that everyone is eager for the update! We'll keep bringing you the good stuff.

Karthaingo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeeksNaman View Post
[aws2=news/October_2012/2012_10_03_Twisted_Fate_Reveal/TwistedFate_splash.jpg]news/October_2012/2012_10_03_Twisted_Fate_Reveal/TwistedFate_splash_thumb.jpg[/aws2]

Card sharks everywhere will be excited to know that Twisted Fate is receiving a Visual Upgrade in the upcoming patch. The Card Master is a classic champion that remains one of the most popular around the world. Fate has smiled upon everyones favorite gambler hes getting a new model as well as revamped textures, sound effects, spell effects, and voice over. Each one of Twisted Fates skins is being adapted to his higher quality model, so youll see upgrades across the board. Hes also got some sexy new moves inspired by the latest dance craze.

[aws2=news/October_2012/2012_10_03_Twisted_Fate_Reveal/TwistedFate_comic.jpg]news/October_2012/2012_10_03_Twisted_Fate_Reveal/TwistedFate_comic_thumb.jpg[/aws2]
I love that you guys are reworking Twisted Fate, he is by far one of my favorite champions. But I have to ask, Are you really going to get rid of TF's sexy accent? The way he talks now is one of my favorite things about him, and I'd hate for him to lose that accent. It's part of who he is.

Akuni

10-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
I'd like to ask people to give a HUGE thank you to the rework team, which right now is really just a few dedicated people like Grumpy Monkey. He's been tasked with a huge.. task.. in doing what is one of the biggest challenges we face as we up our quality: retaining iconicism while at the same time increasing fidelity for our most beloved champions. Twisted fate is only the most recent triumph in an ongoing effort. I really hope you enjoy these visual reworks. They are challenging in that we have to take extra care with each character's established theme and extra work with all the skins that are usually involved.

Many people contributed to TF' rework, a lot are not at the front of my brain right now so hopefully they'll forgive me =)
IronStylus! While I do agree with the rework being awsome (look at the standard skin alone), might I point out that people still wonder why High Noon TF still has no coat? It's on his splash. It looks awsome. People asked for it when the rework was announced.

Can you or anyone else from the rework team give a detailed answer why it was dropped? Please :<

DrAsawa15

Recruiter

10-03-2012

Making something great, greater.