How to get "Unskilled Players" banned

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GrimPhenom

10-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zileas View Post
One thing I enjoy about the forums are these kinds of threads.
Step 1: Identify a situation where someone who REALLY needed a ban got one.
Step 2: Create a hypothetical in which someone is banned and doesn't deserve it, but where the logic is a perversion of the original ban.
Step 3: Profit from forum outrage over a ban that we'd never do, and which hasn't actually happened.
Oh Zileas you

Runieux

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IWinByLosing View Post
Wouldn't it be more productive to remove the source of a problem (feeding unskilled players) rather than just temporarily fix the problem (banning those who rage and "verbally abuse" because of those feeding unskilled players)?

Give a man a fish, feed him for a day. Teach the man to fish, feed him for a lifetime.
Sure, banning the rager for a short period of time fixes the community for that short time, but it will also make the community worse as the unskilled feeder causes more people to rage and get banned. Banning the unskilled feeder fixes the community by never making these people rage at all.
This is a terrible analogy because you're assuming people have an uncontrollable need to rage as if they need to eat.

This is about behavior, something that people can very easily work on and fix. Cognitive behavior therapy works wonders.

Malrock3

10-03-2012

Quote:
Summoner name: "IWinByLosing"

Not sure if troll.....

Community, upvote this post NAO if you think troll probability greater than 37.23333%!!!11one

I am disappoint... where is the picture of the squinty eyed fellow asking not sure if serious or not sure if troll... or something along those lines. I clearly expect better form you. As a rioter member and very experienced troll I hold you to a Much higher trolling standard than the rest of the community! Step up your troll efforts please! Hilarity must continue!

HayabusaZero

10-03-2012

Quote:
Summoner name: "IWinByLosing"

Not sure if troll.....

Community, upvote this post NAO if you think troll probability greater than 37.23333%!!!11one
Upvoted!!!

Zileas

VP of Game Design

10-03-2012
5 of 6 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panzerfaust View Post
Step 4: Forum ban the player who is trolling in a toxic manner? (Or at least attempting to be humorous/original, but failing hardcore.)
We don't ban people for being bad at things, we just ban them for being a jerk, so I don't think that would apply in this case.

Tenshinmon

10-03-2012

Quote:
We don't ban people for being bad at things, we just ban them for being a jerk, so I don't think that would apply in this case.
You would dare say that oh ARMORED BEAR HATER?!

A true hypocrite stands among us! Gentlemen, begin the shunning!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRB8Jor8tPs

SP3

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IWinByLosing View Post
because tribunal always pardons them if you report these "unskilled" players for intentional feeding
Unskilled Player reports don't even lead to Tribunal, get 'em facts right mate

Dyto

10-03-2012

OP is genius, and I will now begin honoring ******bags who do not admit to feeding intentionally making me opt for unskilled, now I can get thesse toxic players banned =D

Alexandra Avdey

10-03-2012

Quote:
Wha!?! Being bad at trolling is not bannable!?!

Dyto

10-03-2012

Intentionally trolling/ruining the game/feeding IS a jerky thing to do, actually its the jerkiest thing, abuse isn't really jerky at all imo