Skarner

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TeknoWizard

10-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maleric View Post
What's the main thing you have to watch out for as Skarner jungling?
Counter jungling. He's very open to it early. The main counter to Skarner is to keep him from hitting level 6. And oh boy, do some people try to do that.

Jesot

10-02-2012

Yeah. I've noticed I have a really easy time if I can get to 6 fairly unscathed and my team isn't awful.

NGG Codeluke

10-03-2012

Skarner is probably one of the best junglers, not only because of his clear times, but his hard CC coming out of the jungle and dat ult..dat ult. I main jungle and i'd have to say Skarner is my best champion. I'm becoming fond of Kha'Zix though

Tete de tigre

10-03-2012

he is the best jungler, he isnt that great on early gank but wwhen u have lvl 6, every gank should be successfull !!

Jesot

10-03-2012

I had trouble with early hanks when I first started playing him, but now they are super effective. Especially if you're blue team. Inescapable ganks even at level 3 and 4.

vortical42

10-03-2012

His biggest weakness by far is his dependency on blue buff early. If he is denied that first blue for whatever reason, it totally cripples him.

Maleric

10-03-2012

Seems like playing Skarner is begging for an early invasion. How would you plan to counter this and repulse an invasion?

Jesot

10-03-2012

Invading Skarner's blue isn't exactly safe. It's a huge gambit.

vortical42

10-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maleric View Post
Seems like playing Skarner is begging for an early invasion. How would you plan to counter this and repulse an invasion?
One word: TEAMWORK. Your support needs to keep the jungle entrances warded. The rest of your team needs to stay somewhere in the close to Blue buff to protect you while you clear the camp. If you can manage to hit level 2 or 3 you should be pretty safe. Once he gets his shield a level or two of crystal slash there aren't many junglers that will want to engage Skarner in a 1v1 fight.

To put it another way, Skarner has almost the same set of strengths and weaknesses as Amumu. Dangerous at close range with fast clear times, but mana hungry and lacking a native blink ability.

Maleric

10-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by vortical42 View Post
One word: TEAMWORK. Your support needs to keep the jungle entrances warded. The rest of your team needs to stay somewhere in the close to Blue buff to protect you while you clear the camp. If you can manage to hit level 2 or 3 you should be pretty safe. Once he gets his shield a level or two of crystal slash there aren't many junglers that will want to engage Skarner in a 1v1 fight.

To put it another way, Skarner has almost the same set of strengths and weaknesses as Amumu. Dangerous at close range with fast clear times, but mana hungry and lacking a native blink ability.
I was referring to a lvl 1 invasion to be more specific. I've seen it happen a couple times, though very rarely. If your team is scattered across the map watching for counter jungling or in their lanes, a full invasion I imagine would be hard to stop.