AP Mid needs 1800+ Advice

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kalied

10-02-2012

What can I do to further myself as a competitive play mid? I have knowledge of every mid.
Strong Suits
Kennen Katarina Specialize: Galio, Kennen, Swain
Fiddlesticks Karthus
Swain Galio
Annie Morgana
Cho' Gath Anivia
Mordekaiser Ryze
Ahri Orianna
Brand Malzahar
Twisted Fate
Kassadin
Gragas

Average CS by 12: 85+
Average CS by 20: 175+

I always keep my lane double-warded on both sides as this allows me to do the following:
A. Kill Jungler at Red
B. Push to tower, Denying CS
C. Counter-Gank Jungler
D. Gank through jungle without risk
E. Secure Dragon

After learning all of these mechanics and being able to use skills without fail I'm wondering what tricks and such I can learn to even FURTHER expand my knowledge as a competitive mid. Any and all advice would be wonderful.

P.S. -What Mid's do you think are important for Competitive play?

Thanks and I hope to see you on the fields of justice! Good luck and have fun!
-EvilBeanDevil

Kalied

10-02-2012

Bump <3

ExecutionerKen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-02-2012

1. Two wards in middle is good, but even those two wards placement can be a huge deal.

For example, if the ward is placed slight higher and can have vision on enemy wraith camp, you potentially can get the enemy jungler much easier, and if you put the other ward further down, you can also secure more vision on the river.

2. Mid lane is usually decide by 3 styles
a. Push and take turret
b. Zone and deny the enemy
c. Roam and help other lanes.

The style is depend on the player and the champion, how you play will be up to you.

Kalied

10-03-2012

Bump, and thanks. I'll consider the situations and properties of the 3.

Kalied

10-04-2012

Are there no AP Mids out there! <3

Goaticus Maximus

10-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilBeanDevil View Post
What can I do to further myself as a competitive play mid? I have knowledge of every mid.
Strong Suits
Kennen Katarina Specialize: Galio, Kennen, Swain
Fiddlesticks Karthus
Swain Galio
Annie Morgana
Cho' Gath Anivia
Mordekaiser Ryze
Ahri Orianna
Brand Malzahar
Twisted Fate
Kassadin
Gragas

Average CS by 12: 85+
Average CS by 20: 175+

I always keep my lane double-warded on both sides as this allows me to do the following:
A. Kill Jungler at Red
B. Push to tower, Denying CS
C. Counter-Gank Jungler
D. Gank through jungle without risk
E. Secure Dragon

After learning all of these mechanics and being able to use skills without fail I'm wondering what tricks and such I can learn to even FURTHER expand my knowledge as a competitive mid. Any and all advice would be wonderful.

P.S. -What Mid's do you think are important for Competitive play?

Thanks and I hope to see you on the fields of justice! Good luck and have fun!
-EvilBeanDevil

Well sadly, the above listed is what I would call the beginners guide. Most of this stuff is known by people rated in the 1300 elo and performed daily. What you haven't included, is much more important:

#1 Team communication and utilization, have you learned how to utilize your team to further yourself in every game? Can you identify which of your team mates are weak and which are strong and play to those strengths? There are people all over the elo brackets that can go 5/0 at the 15 min mark and completely dominate their lane, only to look up and realise their entire team has been getting destroyed and you are no better off for it. "Win lane, Win game" - is not just beating them in cs and forcing them to the well it's WHAT you can do once you have done that. LoL is a team game and since the dawn of ranked queue people have been trying to figure out how to beat as a soloist only, it's not possible and stop trying.

Can you keep a running track of every important skill / summoner ability cool down and utilize that knowledge in real time to make decisions on crucial fights? For example, the enemy team has the following line up: Shen top - Warwick Jungle - Malzahar Mid - Soraka Support - Ezreal ADC. Are you constantly aware if shen or soraka have used their defensive ultis which would prevent you from being able to effectively invade their jungle and kill their WW? Can you keep track of the enemies jungle timers, and anticipate when their jungler might be weak and easily killed assuming you know those ulti's are down?

Are you able to instruct your team and inform them of which targets should be primarily focused in a team fight, and when they should be ready for dragon / baron?

I could probably go on for a long time, but these are some very key things to think about. You can't just say, well my performance was great and you guys all suck so therefore the system is broken. The truth is, league of legends is dominated by good leaders, people who can utilize others to make a bigger impact on the game. There is a reason that every major team " solo mid for example " has a person dedicated to calling out objectives and such as that, because otherwise the entire team would be trying to make those calls.

There is also a very big difference between saying, I play 2 out of 5 games and produce these metrics. Can you produce those metrics 10 out of 10 games? If you can, then great, now you need to learn to do them WHILE doing all of the above.

Are you looking for High Elo Tips, Tricks, and Guides? Check out my youtube channel @ http://www.youtube.com/drwaddy

Kalied

10-05-2012

That was a definitely good explanation of tools for getting better, and I'll take them into consideration but for me, those fall in with the basics. I'm looking for finesse styled tips, or how to say; more meticulous tricks in mid-lane. Everyone has their signature, I've picked up a bit off Nyjacky, Scarra, Froggen, and Alex Ich but you can only learn so many tricks for them as they seem to save their Trump Cards for tournaments. So I'm asking 1800 Mid's what their meticulous trump cards are in mid-lane.

Example of this would be one trick I always do in mid-lane and have become efficient with; I will bait the flash+ignite off my enemy surviving with about 70-80hp. It's because I know generally every mechanic off the champions in mid-lane and how much damage they can output. Also I assume that they have Summoners Wrath on as well.

ExecutionerKen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-05-2012

<----This guy completely disagree with Nyjacky and Scarra's style, but hey, I am still plat XD

It all comes to whatever suit you the best, it is good to learn from the others to start off, but eventually copying others will only cripple your game play.