Jungle is almost as bad as support now...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

iainB85

10-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by quasistellar View Post
what I really don't like about the current jungle is that it has so much control over top lane. Level 2 ganks all ****ing day.
Well that is a problem in itself... but think about it... what is a GOOD jungle supposed to do?

Answer: Stop attacking and let top get the kill so he can snowball. Again, nobody ever wants jungle to be fed with the current meta.

Why get jungle the kill? He's just going to return to his ****ty farm afterwards... no point.

HeroesNeverQuit

10-02-2012

So i would like to say as far as jungling goes its what i do primarily. I just did a game as nocturne and i did end up finishing with about the same amount of gold. The thing is though i did a mix of jungling and laning which is what people need to do. You cant constantly remain in jungle and farm then gank and go back to jungle.

When you gank top if you kill him. Push it to the tower with that laner and start slamming it down. Take some gold farm. If mids doing well let him recall and buy and minion farm in mid. I mean its just that easy. Usually i finish right around the same gold or more because my early went well for ganks.

And as far as having to depend on ganks for cash thats not completely true. Plenty if times i have jumped from bush onto someone and gotten them dead even when they flashed from the middle of the lane. Its really not to hard as long as your laner in that lane is paying attention.

As far as nocturne being tanky thats a no... The only health/tank items i grab are frozen mallet and Trinity force. Other then that its pretty much pure damage.

iainB85

10-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeroesNeverQuit View Post
So i would like to say as far as jungling goes its what i do primarily. I just did a game as nocturne and i did end up finishing with about the same amount of gold. The thing is though i did a mix of jungling and laning which is what people need to do. You cant constantly remain in jungle and farm then gank and go back to jungle.

When you gank top if you kill him. Push it to the tower with that laner and start slamming it down. Take some gold farm. If mids doing well let him recall and buy and minion farm in mid. I mean its just that easy. Usually i finish right around the same gold or more because my early went well for ganks.

And as far as having to depend on ganks for cash thats not completely true. Plenty if times i have jumped from bush onto someone and gotten them dead even when they flashed from the middle of the lane. Its really not to hard as long as your laner in that lane is paying attention.

As far as nocturne being tanky thats a no... The only health/tank items i grab are frozen mallet and Trinity force. Other then that its pretty much pure damage.
Getting some farm in a lane really helps, but that isn't always an option as jungler.

Also, half the time if I take some farm while someone is B they spam V pings at me telling me to leave the farm for them and calling me a newb. Again, I understand why they are doing this... they want ever advantage possible to win their lane... but it doesn't change the fact that being a jungler really is like being a second class citizen in so many ways!

TyresiusMordekai

10-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by iainB85 View Post
Hmmm, really?

Nocturne -- Usually build very tanky, great initiate with his ultimate / blind.

Udyr -- Usually build very tanky, good initiator with fast MS and on hit stun if he catches anyone

Shyvanna -- Good exception, only viable due to extremely fast clear time and counter jungling potential.

Shaco -- Not picked that much anymore, not that great of a pick imo.

Regnar -- Banned 90% of the time, just an OP champ atm.

Kha'Xiz -- Have yet to see a jungle Kha'Zix do well, and I watched Rain Main play him earlier today. Even if he gets a few early kills, he falls off in usefulness team fights compared to the champions I mentioned.

Diana -- Not a great jungle.

Jayce -- Not a great jungle.

Darius -- Not that great at jungle, and has just a broken kit to begin with. What's up build full tank, get massive damage, and refresh on kill true damage ult. Great design!
you forgot wukong in this list. best jungler imo lol.

iainB85

10-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyatt Ridgway View Post
you forgot wukong in this list. best jungler imo lol.
Dunno if you are being sarcastic but I don't have much experience with wukong jungle and haven't seen it much. Even so, Wukong is a pretty good tanky initiator with his gap closer and ult knockup. Not on Malphite / Amumu level but still pretty good.

x Khann x

10-03-2012

If you ask me, I think so-called junglers just want to avoid fighting. I think they use it as an excuse so they don't have to fight in a lane. Its also a good excuse to keep the blame off of them because most likley he is not feeding as much..maybe.

If im on a losing team and if the jungler sucks (meaning he is not succeeding in ganks or leveling with the team), he tends to start calling everyone else a noob out of fustration.

I think the meta game behind Jungling is weak right now. It works in premades but if you solo que you better hope he is on point and your top laner is a good pusher.

Thats currently the impression I get from junglers, most of the time we get a good one that "plays team" and does work.

iainB85

10-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by x Khann x View Post
If you ask me, I think so-called junglers just want to avoid fighting. I think they use it as an excuse so they don't have to fight in a lane. Its also a good excuse to keep the blame off of them because most likley he is not feeding as much..maybe.

If im on a losing team and if the jungler sucks (meaning he is not succeeding in ganks or leveling with the team), he tends to start calling everyone else a noob out of fustration.

I think the meta game behind Jungling is weak right now. It works in premades but if you solo que you better hope he is on point and your top laner is a good pusher.

Thats currently the impression I get from junglers, most of the time we get a good one that "plays team" and does work.
Yea, I am pretty sure people go jungle because it's a requirement in competitive play. If everyone goes lane you put your team at a significant disadvantage... not because people "don't want to fight" lol.

Beyond The Pale

10-03-2012

I thought this is what Riot wanted. The same champs playing the same roles in every single game.

iainB85

10-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshSushi View Post
I thought this is what Riot wanted. The same champs playing the same roles in every single game.
I'm beginning to wonder... their posts say otherwise, but their design direction seems to be pretty solid in this.

iainB85

10-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalisX View Post
Ahh, but what you don't realize is that junglers and supports take the most skill and knowledge to play. AP Mids, ADC have their items determined for them from champ selection. Their roles are mechanical in play and easily can be done by bots. Support and jungle however are the ones that need to know all aspects of the game, each lane, when to gank/countergank, farming jungle and counterjungling. Warding/counterwarding and all with gp10 items. In bot lane, most of the kills are started by the supports. In Mid and Top lane most of the kills are because of jungle ganks. Face it, throughout the laning phase, 90% of the plays made by either team are a direct result of the support and jungler. Now who wouldn't want all that glory??
To be honest, I totally get what you are saying -- and I think that method of jungling is just fine, I don't want it to go anywhere.

What I want is it to be the only serious option for a player who wants to win. Picking more agressive type junglers needs to have more reward for it's current risk right now. I want more options, not being forced into the same thing to win.