The holy trinity, which to choose?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Woolve

10-01-2012

I had Ez, but could never get the hang of him. My mains are (jungle)Warwick and (support)Yorick. I need to learn a good ranged ADC next before I start playing ranked.
I'm not too good with skillshots but do well at positioning and team fights. Who should I learn next?
Any advice is much appreciated

Jesot

10-02-2012

Graves.

Eledhan

10-02-2012

I think you might be doing yourself a disservice by only having (at least this appears to be the case) one champion for jungling and one for supporting...Ranked is too demanding to only have one or even two champions you can play well for any of the roles.

Of course, there's nothing stopping you from playing ranked and dropping in ELO until you get the hang of every role, I just wouldn't recommend it. You need at least 3 for each role (in case 2 of your options get banned and/or picked) to be comfortable in ranked games, but I believe you'll really want to have something more like this...

4 champs for top (I would recommend 2 each for physical damage and magical damage, giving you 4)

3 champs for mid (one with high mobility, one with strong CC, one with AoE damage...or 3 with various combos of those attributes)

6 champs for jungle (I advise you have at least 2 of each "type" of jungler...early gankers, clearers, tanks...or 3 with various combos of those attributes)

3 champs for support (Buff, Sustain, and Fighting...or 3 with various combos of those attributes)

3 champs for ADC (pick any 3 from Graves, Ezreal, Tristana, Vayne, Caitlyn so you have an extra positioning tool besides Flash)

To expound on ADC...

Any ADC with the ability to dash/jump is one you should be considering for your ADC roster. These would be Graves, Corki, Ezreal, Tristana, and possibly Vayne, and/or Caitlyn (tumble and net are not bad escape/positioning tools). Until you get the hang of those, I wouldn't branch out to the less mobile ADC's like Ashe, Kog, Varus, Draven, etc. because you only have one way to save yourself from bad positioning (flash) as opposed to two ways with the ones I recommended.

XxxLumberJackxxX

10-02-2012

Support yorick? That's a thing?

vortical42

10-03-2012

Yeah... before you worry about learning ADC you might want to learn another support. If you get paired with a passive ADC like Vayne it will make for a very difficult game.

thepantsparty

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by JooMancer View Post
Support yorick? That's a thing?
It's not competition-worthy, but it's hilarious, trolly, and works fairly well when last I tried it. You play him like a poke support mostly during lane phase - spam ghouls at the other ADC, and if the enemy support isn't a sustain support they'll have a really hard time dealing with the constant bits of damage - and then in team fights you're basically just there to ult your carry and piss people off with ghouls.

I haven't played it in a while, though, and it probably doesn't work as well now that ghouls don't block enemies, move slower, and cost more mana.

But yes, OP, learn a real support in addition to a better jungler.

Woolve

10-03-2012

Thanks for the advice