Enjoying the support role is easy. You just need the right mentality.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fishcoteque

10-02-2012

Yes. This. All of this. Support takes skill to be effective. It's also a ton of fun. Clutch shields are an awesome **** you to the enemy champs. Oh, look, ignite. Shield. KILL DENIED.
Wards so jungles can do anything but sit there looking silly. Also, you can laugh at the bush from safety and send some spells their way.

Spamming laughs are awesome. Like lulu's. It infuriates the others and make them want to focus you to get you to shut the hell up. Meanwhile, adc's focus them down.

It's also immensely satisfying to know you were the only reason someone got a kill, either by cc, helping them not die first, or giving them the means to get there and do that last bit of damage.

ALSO, if you do bad, people attribute it to supports being dumb and won't complain too much (trying doing bad on any other role and see what people say). If you do anywhere above bad, people shower you with praise just for doing your job. E.g., warding, shielding/healing them when they get really low, helping them run away from lost team fights, etc. There was a game the other day where I was showered with praise for just warding a lot.

Fusion Aura

10-02-2012

I run into this problem when I'm laning top against Riven. God forbid they have a bunny Riven skin...

A Jolly Kabuto

10-02-2012

tl;dr was my favorite part.
Don't worry though I looked at it last

penguinjerky

10-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by xHYPERBEAMx View Post
tl;dr was my favorite part.
Don't worry though I looked at it last
Glad you're not an illiterate knuckle dragging top lane "bruiser"

PandaBær

10-02-2012

+1.
As a sona main, this made my day.

Rhiljeryne

10-02-2012

Seems legit.

Baneson

10-02-2012

You should write more.

We've established that Supports are badasses. Now, perhaps you could explain why junglers are the hardest working Summoner's in LoL. I mean...we do so...much...running!

penguinjerky

10-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baneson View Post
You should write more.

We've established that Supports are badasses. Now, perhaps you could explain why junglers are the hardest working Summoner's in LoL. I mean...we do so...much...running!
Anyone can run around a lot. Sometimes as support i'll run back and forth in the bushes for miles. Not because i need the exercise or anything, but I'm practicing kicking the ground for when that chump mid comes to try and gank me.

penguinjerky

10-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasqureMan View Post
Ezreal, eh. You did mention Graves, I apologize.
No worries. I'm actually a little upset I didn't even mention my pet koggles D:

Monstarach

10-02-2012

Bumping for correctness, not that support needs the satisfaction.