So, uh, Nasus.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mr Ferpleton

10-02-2012

I just picked him up, and he's a ton of fun. I tried him out in a bot game, went nuts, and decided I didn't really learn anything from that. So I played a normal game with him, and ended up landing top against talon and Diana. That looked like it was going to be terrible. Luckily, with a few awesome ganks from Lee, and the double hits with my q, I was able to stay ahead in kills, while farming my Q. I snowballed hard, it was a long game. I almost got a pentakill late game. My question is, what should I build on him? I had a trinity, warmogs, bloodthirster, guardian Angel, and a frozen heart.

Tl:Dr
Bought Nasus, he's awesome, did well, what do I build.

T1M TEBOW

10-02-2012

All tank and triforce

Frozen Heart, FoN, Mercs, Triforce, Warmogs or Sunfire Cape, GA

You don't really need a BT because you almost have as much lifesteal as a passive.

Valrcrist

10-02-2012

Also do keep in mind that against most competent top laners, Nasus just gets absolutely demolished.

TeknoWizard

10-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valrcrist View Post
Also do keep in mind that against most competent top laners, Nasus just gets absolutely demolished.
Well... this isn't ENTIRELY true. Nasus actually does alright against nearly any top laner, given enough time. Not that many champions can full on dive him, considering his slow and ult. And since I spend nearly all my time as Nasus under tower, he has fairly safe farm against nearly all top laners, with the exception of like, Jayce and Vladimir.

Valrcrist

10-02-2012

Pretty much every popular top laner can either kill Nasus in lane, or at least force him out of lane. He also has no real escapes so he's pretty easily gankable.

Akal

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-02-2012

Your build looks fine to me. I typically grab chalice, trinity, merc treads, and aegis. GA if I'm taking most of the damage, or bloodthirster if I'm carrying the game somehow.

I usually only grab him when it looks like the other team will have a 2v1 top for some reason or if they have a poor ganking jungler.

Mr Ferpleton

10-03-2012

Awesome, thanks guys!

Jeanschyso

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-03-2012

I usually will build an early glacial shroud, then a sheen on Nasus. Don't get threads before you got those 2 unless you're against an AP.

Even pre-nerf yorick couldn't force him out of lane, and that's his speciality.

Lethadind

10-03-2012

Naw with good warding you can't really force Nasus out of lane with most any champ except someone with nutty burst and sticking power. I could see maybe Fizz or Diana doing well top against him, but when I play Nasus (for funsies, he's not really viable in the current meta for most matches) I just wither them when they attack me and walk away. I'm not concerned about beating them in cs, I'm not concerned about kills, all I'm concerned about is getting that Q to godlike status, grabbing my TF, tanking myself up and raping ****.

Played a game against an Irelia that doubled my cs, doubled my early game kills, and still in the end game I walked all over her. Nasus is not about farming, necessarily, he's about farming dat Q. You get farm while you do it, and farm is always nice, but you scale so ridiculously far from every other top laner in the late game that you shouldn't really care.

Getting back on topic I agree with what most everyone has said. lolking.net shows that when Nasus can get TF, Warmog's, and FoN, he wins ~ 70% of the time. Which shows you that he's a late game champ as all of those are expensive. (Essentially what it says is that by reaching late-game, Nasus usually wins). So just empower dat Q, get tanky as hell, and rape ****, and you'll be good. Don't expect him to do well once you hit ranked >1300 Elo though.

NullAurelian

10-03-2012

Looks good, lots of tankiness - Trinity, Frozen Heart, Mercury Treads are good items for him. Personally I also get Shurelia's Reverie on him - great for chasing and getting out of dodge.

Just out of curiosity, have you read Hyfe's Nasus guide?