Creative Design AMA - Soraka and Warwick

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Eserine

10-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaexx View Post
Honestly, I'm disappointed in the lore changes.

I remember reading Soraka's lore and being blown away by the description provided about the wholesale massacre of innocent people. She fell from grace for ideological reasons, not a personal reason. Karma's judgment added to how epic the story was.

I understand war is a sensitive topic, but READ KARMA'S JUDGMENT and tell me it doesn't give you shivers. The repetition of "Oh I'm in the League because of some personal feud" is extremely overdone.
Indeed, allow me to link these:

WARWICK

ReboValence

10-01-2012

You know, Soraka was someone I'd been waiting for an update on for her visuals and lore for a long time. This awful new lore completely ruined that anticipation. Now instead of being happy for lore updates, I'm dreading them.

Lady Howl

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReboValence View Post
Now instead of being happy for lore updates, I'm dreading them.
Same. Of the new ones the only one that i am kinda okay with is Kat's, but thats because idr her old one.

Eserine

10-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eserine View Post
Pursuant to my previous commitment in indicating when I was finished with a discussion, I Eserine, unlike the lore team, now signal that I will not be further participating in this thread (or indeed any part of the lore forum).
Goodbye!

Spec KiLLeR NA

10-20-2012

the new look of soraka is quite okay

bonzwah

10-24-2012

I just feel that the lore doesn't do the most important thing the lores are supposed to do: explain why they are in the league. There is no real mentions of the league in the bios and why the league is a solution to their problems. Warwick shouldn't be fighting in the league, he should be planning an assassination attempt on soraka, and soraka seems like she would be more likely to be roaming the country side helping anyone she comes across than participating in gladiatorial politics...in general I've found that the primary problem with lore in league is that there is no way to advance any plot you create which creates some borderline malicious cliffhangers. I hope to god league of legends finds some way to make lore relevant past isolated short stories that end in cliffhangers...

Topagae

11-14-2012

So this terrible thing is still a thing. Let's take the climax of a conflict that affects just about every Noxian/Ionian in the game. Lets take the character who was LITERALLY the god of Ionia, and her main antagonist and lets mess up the continuity and storyline of dozens of champions. To replace it with terrible, awful drivel.

And it's not like I own the game. That's not my business, if someone burns down a building that has the cure for cancer in it, and they own it, is it a tragedy? Yes. Do I have the right to stop them? Not legally, but it's still pretty terrible.

But there is one thing that REALLY miffs me. I bought the "Divine Soraka" skin because it was supposed to be special because it was her as she used to look in her story, before she fell. It was special, it was interesting, it was a blend of awesome skin, look into the lore of a complex and interesting character, and it was beautiful. But now? It's just a "Non-Canon" skin. Of what? Soraka in an alternate universe where her history wasn't horrible and idiotic? Is there refunds available for this skin/champion? Because her lore is what made her for me.

And that in of itself isn't illegal as far as I know either. If I buy an e-book on Kindle Amazon can erase it if they want, but they got a lot of flak for that doing, when removed 1984 from all Kindles. Or when the "N" word was whitewashed out of Tom Sawyer. So that's where Riot is now. Bad revisionism, and screwing over their customer because they don't really "Own" anything they get sold.

I can't play Soraka anymore, the skin just depresses me.

BaII

11-30-2012

u guys still had a lore department?

Frothing Loins

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-10-2013

No.

NO.

NO.

The proposed new lore is terrible RUUNAN and is weak writing at it's absolute worst. This is just as bad as Teemo's lore rewrite in which his character was completely changed.

Your support for this idea is killing my enthusiasm for the game. If this goes through I will never buy ruunan's hurricane on twitch ever again.

EVER.

Kunami Mata

01-19-2013

I love Soraka's new look. Her new lore doesn't bother me too much for the most part either, other than the fact that her Divine skin is no longer canon. The fact that she bore such a huge aesthetic penalty for what she had done to Warwick was one of the things that really drew me to her. Even with the new lore, that aspect of her could've stayed the same, but this thread informs me that it hasn't. Kind of disappointing, to say the least. Ah well.