Riot what is Kha'Zix's folder name for the item API.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

roboticaust

Recruiter

10-01-2012

Quote:
Yes, Ahri is in the same format. All new champions will be as well.



I am not wrong.
You are wrong. Ahri's been broken for awhile and so is Kha'zix. I updated to the "new format" ages ago and have them all in the folder you recommended. Doesn't necessarily mean its working as intended. I'd advise you check yourself before you tell the entire community we are wrong.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vulking

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

10-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhattayaBrian View Post
Ah, I think I understand the problem.

Delete ...\DATA\Characters\Khazix\RecItemsCLASSIC.inibin.

If that fixes it, I'll do some thinking as to how to make it easier.

Edit: Oh, I understand. You're not injecting this into the file archive. I don't think you can override the recommended items without modding the file archives themselves. I'll need to consider this further.
This was what I was telling you early, another rioter (who's name escape my memory right now) told use how to do it this way to AVOID messing with files, since all we needed was the item code and a .txt file with his extension changed to .ini, this was simple, easy to do and would not mess any file, but the current change make this useless, and force people to actually mess with the files again in order to do something that was previously super easy and with 0 risk of screwing your game.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WhattayaBrian

Engineer

10-01-2012
6 of 12 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulking View Post
This was what I was telling you early, another rioter (who's name escape my memory right now) told use how to do it this way to AVOID messing with files, since all we needed was the item code and a .txt file with his extension changed to .ini, this was simple, easy to do and would not mess any file, but the current change make this useless, and force people to actually mess with the files again in order to do something that was previously super easy and with 0 risk of screwing your game.
Yes--that was Brackhar, whom I just got done talking to about this. I'm going to try to get a fix in for this into the next patch.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

M0b1us

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

10-01-2012

So if one knew the specific number that correlates to an item, then you could change your recommended items without using a 3rd party program?

While you are still lurking WhattayaBrian, how would one change the in-game champion square or loading screen? I thought I figured out a way but it doesn't work when I am in game.

What I did was replace the art found in
C:\Riot Games\League of Legends\RADS\projects\lol_air_client\releases\0.0. 0.205\deploy\assets\images\champions
with the Chinese art that is the same file type, name and size. It works when I am in the client but never in game (I kept an unaltered copy of the file as a backup in case if it wouldn't work).

Or am I messing with something that I shouldn't?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vulking

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

10-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhattayaBrian View Post
Yes--that was Brackhar, whom I just got done talking to about this. I'm going to try to get a fix in for this into the next patch.
Tell Mr. Brackhar that I have used his method to arrange my recommended items for several champs and for that I thank him a lot (which remind me that I have to redo my .ini files since I reinstalled windows and forgot to save the folder)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M0b1us View Post
So if one knew the specific number that correlates to an item, then you could change your recommended items without using a 3rd party program?

While you are still lurking WhattayaBrian, how would one change the in-game champion square or loading screen? I thought I figured out a way but it doesn't work when I am in game.

What I did was replace the art found in
C:\Riot Games\League of Legends\RADS\projects\lol_air_client\releases\0.0. 0.205\deploy\assets\images\champions
with the Chinese art that is the same file type, name and size. It works when I am in the client but never in game (I kept an unaltered copy of the file as a backup in case if it wouldn't work).

Or am I messing with something that I shouldn't?
To change loading and in game squares you need to mess with the main files, you need to use the RAF Manager and have the specific .dds image files to replace them, which currently is a bit volatile since Riot has changed a lot of the .dds files locations which result in ugly blue squares and rectangles everywhere


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

M0b1us

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

10-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulking View Post
To change loading and in game squares you need to mess with the main files, you need to use the RAF Manager and have the specific .dds image files to replace them, which currently is a bit volatile since Riot has changed a lot of the .dds files locations which result in ugly blue squares and rectangles everywhere
Bah, I was hoping these was a more direct way to do that. I knew about the RAF manager but like you mentioned, it isn't exactly stable per say. Hence why I tried to find an alternate method.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mitch3ll

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

10-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhattayaBrian View Post
Ah, I think I understand the problem.

Delete ...\DATA\Characters\Khazix\RecItemsCLASSIC.inibin.

If that fixes it, I'll do some thinking as to how to make it easier.

Edit: Oh, I understand. You're not injecting this into the file archive. I don't think you can override the recommended items without modding the file archives themselves. I'll need to consider this further.
Hm I will try to delete The .ini file and try again (after this game), but if anyone on the team can think of the solution that would be great. Thank you for addressing (or trying to lol) this problem. at least I know somone is aware of the situation.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mitch3ll

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

10-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhattayaBrian View Post
Yes--that was Brackhar, whom I just got done talking to about this. I'm going to try to get a fix in for this into the next patch.
Didn't see this post. I would most definitely appreciate (and I'm sure many others) if there was this fix in the next patch. Thank you so much for consulting the team about this issue.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Whisla

Senior Member

10-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by roboticaust View Post
You are wrong. Ahri's been broken for awhile and so is Kha'zix. I updated to the "new format" ages ago and have them all in the folder you recommended. Doesn't necessarily mean its working as intended. I'd advise you check yourself before you tell the entire community we are wrong.
wasnt wrong and you should read context before you just say someone is wrong about anything. makes you come off very poorly and foolish once proven again they are right and explain in further detail.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

McBankington

Senior Member

10-01-2012

Brian I'm sorry to ask about this since it's off topic to the thread for the most part, but what parts of modding league are allowed? Recently there was a crack down on custom skins being used, and another player being banned because he made it so he could zoom out further, but this seems to be allowed since multiple rioters are encouraging it, is there anything else we can do?