Level Points & Money Before Minions Spawn

First Riot Post
12345 ... 6
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tuxedo

09-28-2012

I wish there was a way that you could reset your lvl points and $ before the minions have spawned. All of us have done it...you accidentally buy the wrong item or level up the wrong ability. I think if you're in the pool before minions spawn, you should be able to reset your level points and/or sell everything back for the full price. ONLY BEFORE MINIONS SPAWN.

Sereg Anfaug

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-28-2012

Or, since you have 1:30 before they spawn, simply take your time with your purchases and skill point distributon.

00Milkman00

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sereg Anfaug View Post
Or, since you have 1:30 before they spawn, simply take your time with your purchases and skill point distributon.
VERY VERY closed minded response, but with this community I am not surprised.

With cooldowns, my slow character run speed, etc., it takes every bit of the almost 2 minutes before minions get to the lane for me to prepare and get in position for a kill. I am not going to go through my tactics, but just telling you to be a bit more open minded.

Tuxedo

09-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sereg Anfaug View Post
I'm assuming then that you've never had a misclick or accidentally pressed the wrong key on your keyboard...

Sereg Anfaug

09-30-2012

Happens alot, actually - just never in that first minute and a half, because I have all the time I need to do things right. The misclicks occur later, when I'm trying to do quite alot of things at once and have very limited time to react.

Essentially, my point is that a system to mitigate misclicks is all but useless in the time frame you've specified.

boourns

UI Designer

10-01-2012
1 of 7 Riot Posts

I dunno about skill points, it seems too special case to only do it for the first part of the game and we wouldn't want to do it for the whole game.

For items though, I am in favor of allowing players to undo purchases/sales/combines that they make by mistake throughout the game if we can cover off the abuse cases.

ThatNinjaGuy

10-01-2012

Accidentally bought boots instead of regrowth on Mundo...

roboticaust

Recruiter

10-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by boourns View Post
I dunno about skill points, it seems too special case to only do it for the first part of the game and we wouldn't want to do it for the whole game.

For items though, I am in favor of allowing players to undo purchases/sales/combines that they make by mistake throughout the game if we can cover off the abuse cases.
Should be done like ARAM games. Allow us the option but lock it out the instant we step off fountain after a purchase. All sales final after leaving the stores range.

Fox P McCloud

10-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by boourns View Post

What abuse cases could exist?

ExaltedVanguard

10-01-2012

Simply allow players to sell an item at its full cost provided that:

If it is before 1:30 and the player has not been hit by an enemy champion or turret, hit anything with an ability/attack, or used a summoner spell.

After 1:30, items can be sold at full price provided the player has not left the base (inhibitor turrets), and have not been hit by an enemy champion or turret, hit anything with an ability/attack, or used a summoner spell.

"Hit by an enemy champion," clause does not apply if you have not left the base pad. You just know some poor sap would get hit by ezreal as they miss-clicked.

EDIT: I guess I didn't make this 100% clear: The no combat clause is only since buying the item. You can refund items any time during the game, but after 1:30, you can't leave your base before doing so. Also, another abuse to be prevented: You may not refund an item if you've used its active ability.

Refunded items are broken down into what they were previously, if it was a combination item.

Refunding items also causes the player to lose any gold generated by them (philosopher's stone).

That should solve all the issues without allowing any abuse. It would be very hard to walk past your inhib turret before realizing you messed up.

12345 ... 6