Riot what is Kha'Zix's folder name for the item API.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KevinDelMarr

10-01-2012

If people can change the recommended items through files, could there be the option to change them in-game? I Believe RiotKiddington worked on the 20 Mastery Pages option, maybe he's the one to talk to about seeing if the game/servers can handle it.

For interface you could even have a tab below the Rune Page on Champ Select that holds recommended build, everytime you select a different champ you have the option to select different set-ups, but always have the normal Rec intact for when newer players join onto a account. To change the Recommended Build, go to Champions tab, select the Splash icon, down to tips and Items, then have a slot for recommended items that you can alter. Or replace achievements with Recommended builds

Something for the future that some players have talked about before

Vulking

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhattayaBrian View Post
Just so I'm 100% clear: you're trying to change recommended items for Kha'Zix, yes? If you're using some third party API to do it, they may not be compatible with the fact that the file moved.
Why would someone use a third party when all you had to do (prior to this unnecessary change) was make a .ini file with the item values? this was even promoted by another rioter so I tough all of you where ok with that.
Why change things just for the sake of making things more complicated? =/

roboticaust

Recruiter

10-01-2012

Quote:
Normally, you would find the file you're looking for here:

...\DATA\Characters\Khazix\defaults\RecItemsCLASSI C.ini

But this is now at:

...\DATA\Characters\Khazix\RecItemsCLASSIC.ini
Is this where Ahri's resides now too? Last I checked, she was bugged as well.

roboticaust

Recruiter

10-01-2012

Disregard my previous statement because I realized this red is wrong on Kha'zix, so info on why Ahri isn't currently working is null as well.

Hytf1

10-01-2012

= dont mind this post =

WhattayaBrian

Engineer

10-01-2012
4 of 12 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinDelMarr View Post
If people can change the recommended items through files, could there be the option to change them in-game? I Believe RiotKiddington worked on the 20 Mastery Pages option, maybe he's the one to talk to about seeing if the game/servers can handle it.

For interface you could even have a tab below the Rune Page on Champ Select that holds recommended build, everytime you select a different champ you have the option to select different set-ups, but always have the normal Rec intact for when newer players join onto a account. To change the Recommended Build, go to Champions tab, select the Splash icon, down to tips and Items, then have a slot for recommended items that you can alter. Or replace achievements with Recommended builds

Something for the future that some players have talked about before
This is something we've discussed, but I don't have the context as to our current plans, so I won't discuss it here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulking View Post
Why would someone use a third party when all you had to do (prior to this unnecessary change) was make a .ini file with the item values? this was even promoted by another rioter so I tough all of you where ok with that.
Why change things just for the sake of making things more complicated? =/
I'm not suggesting players should use a third party program--I was asking if he was. This change was made for several reasons, most of them related to internal workflow. We didn't set out to disrupt player modding, but sometimes we need to make changes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roboticaust View Post
Is this where Ahri's resides now too? Last I checked, she was bugged as well.
Yes, Ahri is in the same format. All new champions will be as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roboticaust View Post
Disregard my previous statement because I realized this red is wrong on Kha'zix, so info on why Ahri isn't currently working is null as well.
I am not wrong.

Mitch3ll

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

10-01-2012

Quote:
Just so I'm 100% clear: you're trying to change recommended items for Kha'Zix, yes? If you're using some third party API to do it, they may not be compatible with the fact that the file moved.
Quote:
I'm not suggesting players should use a third party program--I was asking if he was. This change was made for several reasons, most of them related to internal workflow. We didn't set out to disrupt player modding, but sometimes we need to make changes.
Yes to be 100% Clear I am manually creating a .ini file following this exact directory:

Riot Games\League of Legends\RADS\solutions\lol_game_client_sln\release s\0.0.0.190\deploy\DATA\Characters\Khazix\RecItems CLASSIC.ini

This has worked with all my other characters following the exact same directory for ANY other character. The contents of the specific .ini file I am using for the "Khazix" folder (my build in the .ini file) reads as follows:

[ItemSet1]
SetName=Default Items
RecItem1=1029
RecItem2=1001
RecItem3=3132
RecItem4=3044
RecItem5=3072
RecItem6=3026

The game DOES NOT register that I have set up new recommended items for Kha'Zix leading me (and others) to believe the client is not reading the "Khazix" folder properly because it is not named correctly.

Hopefully this post outlines the exact steps, and the problem I (and others) seem to be having.

Mitch3ll

Recruiter

10-01-2012

Bump

Infirc

10-01-2012

Does it work like that for all champions with Apostrophes? On my case my characters folder was empty excepting for a Rammus Folder which .. i haven't opened yet but anyways anytime i want to edit the recommended items i have to create the folder so is it the same for Champs wiht aostrophes?

Kha'Zix=Khazix?
Cho'gath=Chogath??
Kong'maw=Kogmaw ??

on ANother note why was Ahri renamed Ahri instead of sticking as Kumiho?.

WhattayaBrian

Engineer

10-01-2012
5 of 12 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch3ll View Post
Yes to be 100% Clear I am manually creating a .ini file following this exact directory:

Riot Games\League of Legends\RADS\solutions\lol_game_client_sln\release s\0.0.0.190\deploy\DATA\Characters\Khazix\RecItems CLASSIC.ini

This has worked with all my other characters following the exact same directory for ANY other character. The contents of the specific .ini file I am using for the "Khazix" folder (my build in the .ini file) reads as follows:

[ItemSet1]
SetName=Default Items
RecItem1=1029
RecItem2=1001
RecItem3=3132
RecItem4=3044
RecItem5=3072
RecItem6=3026

The game DOES NOT register that I have set up new recommended items for Kha'Zix leading me (and others) to believe the client is not reading the "Khazix" folder properly because it is not named correctly.

Hopefully this post outlines the exact steps, and the problem I (and others) seem to be having.
Ah, I think I understand the problem.

Delete ...\DATA\Characters\Khazix\RecItemsCLASSIC.inibin.

If that fixes it, I'll do some thinking as to how to make it easier.

Edit: Oh, I understand. You're not injecting this into the file archive. I don't think you can override the recommended items without modding the file archives themselves. I'll need to consider this further.