Compete with Honor!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MechanicalPirate

10-01-2012

my first game today with the honor system intact and i get a selfish player that plays what he wants although everyone called the roles they wanted. ofcourse said selfish player caused team comp to get f***ed up causing everyone to play roles they didn't want leading to a loss and a deeper embedding within elo hell. dunno if a dishonor system will be coming or if reporting is meant to fulfill that, but i would've dishonored this player out the ass.

Shadowy1

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MechanicalPirate View Post
my first game today with the honor system intact and i get a selfish player that plays what he wants although everyone called the roles they wanted. ofcourse said selfish player caused team comp to get f***ed up causing everyone to play roles they didn't want leading to a loss and a deeper embedding within elo hell. dunno if a dishonor system will be coming or if reporting is meant to fulfill that, but i would've dishonored this player out the ass.
Report: Failure to Communicate

FREMZTER

10-01-2012

I like how they finally came up with this other than the "negative" report button.
Good reinforcements like this should encourage many players eventually.

Enofel

10-01-2012

It's amazing, although it seems simply LOGICAL that people wouldn't want to strive for the 'useless' honor points to be handed out.

You have to remember, it is human nature to try and get things, just to try and get things. Such as achievements in other games. Useless, pointless and all it gets you is "Achievement points/Badges" Yet people still play for hours and hours to unlock those.

Same thing here, people will refrain from actively being negative (mind you not cussing, but calling someone a baddie) in the small hopes they make enough impression to get someone to honor them.

Now of course no everyone will bother with it, but even if it doesn't change the person, it makes more games more presentable and less annoying to be in.

So even if this only works in say, 10% of games, that's one more game in ten that you don't have a pissed off troll in.

MechanicalPirate

10-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowy1 View Post
Report: Failure to Communicate
i did do that, so hopefully some action will be made

3rdpegonahill

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-01-2012

I think adding the honor rating in some percentage to the match making queue along with elo would be a step in the right direction. It enables the peaceful gamer to be pooled with like minded people. The ones with high honor will not be complaining about a fellow summoner who might be slightly under their own skill bar. It certainly is better to have someone willing to learn than someone willing to rage on the team.

How about the making the honor badge display in champion select. That way, maybe gamers with better honor can simply be proud to display what they bring to the game. Could also act as a deterrent to ragers to keep their tongue in check knowing that they have a good soul in team. Others could simply look toward the honor badge holder for guidance/support/tips/leadership in game. Make him like a role model of sorts.

At any rate this is surely one of the best things to hit LOL lately. I for one hope that this initiative finds huge success. Cheers RIOT.

TinyCookies

10-01-2012

right out of dota 2...

Enofel

10-01-2012

A dishonor system would be a negative influence because people WILL troll by dishonoring and then more people will get pre-judged without ever having been given a chance and will again get trolled.

The report system covers that, and privacy is a virtue on the matter.

Firellius

10-01-2012

Lyte, what about the Proving Grounds?

This is yet another thing that is going to be held against those who prefer PG matches! We already do not have queue dodge penalties, we already get no rewards, we already attract the worst of the worst due to the "You can't get reported for custom games" mentality...

Now we don't get honor either?

When, when are you going to add Proving Grounds to the official matchmaker?

xXLightRainXx

10-01-2012

I have a quiestion:
When i see my profile it says that i honored sertain summoners for some good attitude, when i really didnt honor anybody, instead they honored me.
But it says something like, any summoner that had an attitude YOU enjoyed, and that YOU found helpful, etc.
They should really change this to

xnumber found your attitude good, found you communicated with the team, etc