@RIOT! No more champions please!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Griftrix

Senior Animation Engineer

10-01-2012
8 of 12 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destrucshot View Post
Also Griftrix, if you are still there; When it comes to champion balancing (in this case specifically reworks) do you guys look at feedback/suggestions/ideas posted on the forums by community members about what to do? Or is it all in-house? Have you had any cases where community ideas have helped balance/rework a champion?
I don't do the rebalancing, but I know that the designers who do look at posts with good reasoning. If you say "shen OP" that really doesn't help them. If you post about why Shen is OP and talk about gameplay situations and maybe (not required) give suggestions to balance him and try to find pros and cons with the approach, it's very likely designers will take it into consideration and possibly even reply to the thread.

I also don't want the community to think that just because a red hasn't replied to a thread that they havn't seen it.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hairy Blewbs

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

10-01-2012

I''d like a tiny fix for Diana. Her passive currently does not show you when your third strike is going to be, so unless you are counting "1-2-3" every single attack, you have no idea when it will proc.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FOODFOOD

Senior Member

10-01-2012

@Griftrix:
I think my biggest concern isn't fixing/reworking champs as a repercussion to so many champs.

My biggest beef with releasing this many champs is that it doesn't give the game enough time to settle. Every time a new champ comes out, every bit of balance to the game is thrown off - even if just slightly. For instance, with the release of Kha Zix, we now have two champs that can go over any wall at a low cooldown. That changes things.
I'd love it if we could take a 1-month break from new champs and just work on balance changes.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Griftrix

Senior Animation Engineer

10-01-2012
9 of 12 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by killaz05 View Post
I would love to see them work on older champions and get them looking like newer champs. Shaco just looks old in all of his movements. His animations need to be redone please! Make my clone awesome looking!
Ashe and Soraka agree.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Asdioh

Senior Member

10-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griftrix View Post
I'm sorry, but I cannot give any status updates on in development stuff or even if it is in development. NDAs are important . I can tell you that everyone here is working on things I think players will love. I am excited myself on what is coming.
I guess... this is the closet I'll get to the answer I've been waiting months for.
Thanks though Griftrix!

Quote:
Ashe and Soraka agree.
And Katarina!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WATCHMAKERZILEAN

Senior Member

10-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griftrix View Post
Ashe and Soraka agree.
sivir and nidalee concur.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Evanms

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Member

10-01-2012

Can you confirm that somene or some team is looking into all the broken mechanics in the game? Like viktor's invisible skill shot. And skill shots going straight through champions. What about bottom blue side lane bush? Since KhaZix patch you can go invisible in half of it....

In all honesty imagine how embarrassing it would be if at world finals a pro team picked ashe and her arrow sailed right through enemy and cost them the game...


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

churahm

Senior Member

10-01-2012

Different teams? Maybe. But usually, every new champion is a new project for the balance team, because they are rarely balanced at release. Which is fine. What is not fine is that these newly released champions get all the attention the moment they are slightly too weak/strong.

Also, it is true that they're making alot of patches with balance changes. But in my opinion these balance changes are getting smaller and smaller every time. There is no"we have less changes every patch because the game is more balanced". Honestly at this time, the game is far from balanced. The fact that we see the same champions banned and picked every game proves it.

So ok, I accept the fact that you have different teams on balance and design, but i still cannot explain the major loss of content and balance changes in new patches, compared to like, a year ago+


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Griftrix

Senior Animation Engineer

10-01-2012
10 of 12 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evanms View Post
Can you confirm that somene or some team is looking into all the broken mechanics in the game? Like viktor's invisible skill shot. And skill shots going straight through champions. What about bottom blue side lane bush? Since KhaZix patch you can go invisible in half of it....

In all honesty imagine how embarrassing it would be if at world finals a pro team picked ashe and her arrow sailed right through enemy and cost them the game...
As a general response, yes, we are always trying to improve the consistency of the game.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AnimusvsAnima

Senior Member

10-01-2012

It's also pretty sad that "so many people working on different things" fixed Rengars bugs long before Viktor's were fixed.

And Viktor was out nearly a year ago.

Great priorities in your company.