Compete with Honor!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Praetor

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
If you don't find value in the Phase 1 of the Honor Initiative, then don't take part. We've infused a lot of psychology into the system and there's a reason why we aren't talking about rewards for Phase 1.

If you want to have a constructive discussion about it, we should talk about research where people are told they will receive tangible rewards for doing a task versus the surprise of receiving something for doing a task.
The last part: yes. Communism. Discuss why communism is perfect on paper and not as such in practice. Perhaps you and your psychology major colleagues might have heard of this grand experiment. I alluded to this earlier, the various forms of government, but I have no problem reiterating it.

Larnin17

10-01-2012

Is there a way to remove honor if the player is unhelpful, or refusing to communicate? Or is the only way to deal with this situation to report a player?

I just think the system needs both sides. We can all slowly build up honor, but if we are not honorable in a game then I think players should be able to give a thumbs down that removes an honor point. With the way the tribunal works, Riot seems to want players to police other players. I think this would be a good way of doing that and not sending everything to the tribunal.

~Lauren

Yoruichi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-01-2012

Cool post. Glad you guys finally got a positive reenforcement system goin for us.

xephh

10-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
If you don't find value in the Phase 1 of the Honor Initiative, then don't take part. We've infused a lot of psychology into the system and there's a reason why we aren't talking about rewards for Phase 1.

If you want to have a constructive discussion about it, we should talk about research where people are told they will receive tangible rewards for doing a task versus the surprise of receiving something for doing a task.
Lyte for president.

MathMage

10-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praetor View Post
The last part: yes. Communism. Discuss why communism is perfect on paper and not as such in practice. Perhaps you and your psychology major colleagues might have heard of this grand experiment. I alluded to this earlier, the various forms of government, but I have no problem reiterating it.
Perhaps you might have read Lyte's post, in particular the part where he said this was a multi-phase process. Just because this step does not work as an end state doesn't mean it won't work as a first step, and doesn't mean that it won't accomplish the particular goals that PB&J have in mind for it (which aren't necessarily the broader goals that PB&J have in mind for the Honor system).

Look, if your first reaction is "It is blindingly obvious that this is a bad idea," you should consider that maybe you're not the only genius in the universe, and that maybe someone on PB&J has already accounted for that 'obvious flaw'.

AlexHumphrey

10-01-2012

I really like this. Thanks Riot!

TroIliN

10-01-2012

Why do you keep implementing awesome things! Just another reason I keep playing LoL. Another stat to work towards!

Aphotic Atrocity

10-01-2012

This has needed to be implemented for a long time. LoL is pretty notorious for having the worst community. The players that do right by other players and make more of a positive impact than a negative one, should get something out of it.

Wonshikee

10-01-2012

if this wasn't addressed... I hope you can only promote a person once.

ocnus

10-01-2012

the players who play more games are going to have more honors am i correct? if so, the honor measure is not so accurate.