Compete with Honor!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cerys

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-01-2012

Is it possible to add more enemy honor features?

Mainly, I prefer playing with /all chat off, so I honestly have no idea if my enemies are being honorable opponents or not except for the end of game chat.

I feel like I don't want to really "honor" someone for such minor amount of time spent chatting with them, but if they are kind and say "gg" or make some nice comments, I feel like I should do something. Maybe a "minor honor" kind of thing, like a "Good Sportsmanship" option where it gives like... a small amount of honor, but isn't really a commitment towards the rest of their possible behavior.

You say we shouldn't honor toxic players, and this is pretty much what I'm worried about. A guy might be a huge jerk in game, but then he quiets down and finishes with a "gg" or whatever. I don't know he was a huge jerk the rest of the game, so I don't really want to say he's an "Honorable Opponent" but to me he seems like he might be a good guy.

Otherwise(unless Honorable Opponent is like this), I'm basically never going to honor my enemies because I feel like you really can't get a good grasp on how they are.

Axzarious

10-01-2012

For great justice!

Praetor

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
You won't be banned for this. If the player was genuinely Honorable in Team-Chat and that's all you could see, you'll be fine.
Arbitrary reward system with no actual rewards. Check!

Expecting players to be excited about a feature that does nothing to benefit them. Check!

Expecting players to participate in a system to reward an anonymous player with no actual reward. Check!

Answering questions that does not involve why there is no actual reward for this feature. Check!

Pride In Me

10-01-2012

How would we know that they're spamming honors to each other friends?

Praetor

10-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
We're not talking about rewards at this time. The Honor Initiative is a multi-phase experiment and Phase 1 is to try to accurately identify the positive pillars of the community.

Once we know the initiative can accurately do that, who knows what will happen?
I'll tell you what will happen with zero incentive: not what you want as a company. Have you never studied psychology, even in its remedial form? If you answered yes, for shame for shipping this feature this way. If you answered no, I thought so.

VaporizeX

10-01-2012

@ Lyte, GREAT JOB BROSEF! I love this system! FINALLY I saw it today didnt even know it was in the game yet! I was so happy to reward the good players on the team!

Great step in the right direction!

Ghan04

10-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praetor View Post
I'll tell you what will happen with zero incentive: not what you want as a company. Have you never studied psychology, even in its remedial form? If you answered yes, for shame for shipping this feature this way. If you answered no, I thought so.
Just to be clear, Lyte is not ruling out the possibility of having rewards for being Honorable in the future. However, it is interesting from a scientific view to identify those who are Honorable just for the sake of being such and helping creative a positive experience for others.

Convict24601

10-01-2012

How do I check the links under the Faq section of honor? I tried clicking them but nothing happens at all, doesn't even take me to a new page =/

fr0ztbyte

10-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praetor View Post
Honestly, badges have significant meaning to many people. Many players last season put in an extra effort just so they could have an icon next to their forum name. Many players purchase skins. And I'm sure many players will improve their attitude a bit so they can get Honor.

-Steve

Praetor

10-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghan04 View Post
Just to be clear, Lyte is not ruling out the possibility of having rewards for being Honorable in the future. However, it is interesting from a scientific view to identify those who are Honorable just for the sake of being such and helping creative a positive experience for others.
I am aware of this. I have read every response. Fluff and business as usual. I just don't understand how a professional person in nearly any capacity expects humanity on an anonymous medium to be excited about zero incentives. For shame.