Compete with Honor!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FattyWompers

10-01-2012

This only makes sense if you are going to use the honor points in the matchmaking algorithm.

Will highly honored players be more likely to be matched with highly honored players, or will the matchmaking system be blind to honor?

This would be a game changing move.

Alexandra Avdey

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
[aws3]news/October_2012/2012_10_01_Honor/honor_postgraphic.jpg[/aws3]

Honor is now live in League of Legends!

After every match-made game, you’ll have the ability to Honor both teammates and enemies. To give Honor, click the green “thumbs up” button in the post-game lobby. Clicking this icon for teammates will allow you to Honor them for being friendly, helpful or for showing great teamwork. You’ll even be able to give an Honorable Opponent mention to enemies that are respectful in either victory or defeat.

[aws2=news/October_2012/2012_10_01_Honor/Honor_screenshot.jpg]news/October_2012/2012_10_01_Honor/Honor_screenshot_thumb.jpg[/aws2]

All summoners have a limited amount of Honor to hand out, which is replenished by finishing matchmade games. For the average, responsible user, you will probably never run out of Honor. However, players who spam or trade Honor will soon find themselves with nothing left in the bank to award. If you see players trading Honor, please report them using the “Spamming” report! Getting punished by the Tribunal for trading Honor or toxic behavior will reset a player’s Honor to zero across the board, however Honor can still be re-gained after the punishment has expired.

If you’re a real team player and find yourself earning Honor, you’ll notice the biggest gains will come from random players in matchmade games who have not Honored you before. While Honor is not a currency, it does equip players to recognize community members who make a positive impact. In the future, we plan on experimenting with potential bonuses for the most Honorable summoners.

Learn more about how you can start honoring other summoners here !
Petition to change "Friendly" icon to Teemo face:

^.^

Epjest

10-01-2012

Is this active for all game types? (Dominion, TTL, Customs?)

Shadowy1

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
The last one is Honorable Opponent and can only be given to enemies.
Ah, thanks for clearing that up.

Sineile

10-01-2012

This was released a lot sooner then expected, it's great that Riot is doing things to actively improve the experience for all of their players!

Keep up the awesome work riot!

WaffleFortress

10-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by bourbonowns View Post
It'd be nice if players with high Honor got something like +10% IP gains or something, or perhaps you could queue players with high Honor together so the nicer you are, the nicer teammates you get?

Thanks for implementing this. I love playing support because I make lots of friends, now I can score some Honor too
Isn't virtue it's own reward?

Keggarr

10-01-2012

Hmm...I definitely dig the idea of the system but I doubt it will do anything to dissuade toxic players and I doubt many good players will really care much. If there was some sort of slight reward for having good honor (maybe get your IP boosted at the end of games by your honor rating? Its not a ton of IP but is incentive) then it would be much more effective.

tiennen07

10-01-2012

This should help out with our toxic player problems in the long run, but I would encourage RIOT to get their "rewards" for honorable players out sooner, rather than later.

If they don't, many toxic players will easily realize that being nice gets you nothing other than a pat on the back.

Adabard

10-01-2012

This would be particularly awesome if it started being used for match-making as well to help put together stronger teams as well as weed out those players who are consistently negative. If we made them play together, they could have a horrible experience together. Those who are consistently helpful and trying to have a good time can be matched up with similar people.

Anorath

10-01-2012

I really hope this changes things. So many horrid people out in this community that sicken me to my stomach.