Should Co-op vs. AI be supported on the twisted treeline?

Yes, of course. 576 85.33%
No, not really. 67 9.93%
I'm not sure. 26 3.85%
Other (please post below). 6 0.89%
Voters: 675. You may not vote on this poll

Do you think TT should support Co-op vs AI?

First Riot Post
123456 ... 8
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Thornmaelstrom

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-30-2012

Yes; you should be able to put every level of Bots in a Twisted Treeline CUSTOM game.
But no they shouldn't make another queue for it.
Population pools need to stay large and healthy for each queue, and every new queue segments the population significantly as people migrate. Every aspect with multiple options (bot difficulty, ranked/non-ranked, game mode, map, blind/draft pick, etc) will just add more queues. Prune the little buds so the plant stays health and yields good fruit.

Ohwhynot

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-30-2012

Even if it was as simple as copy pasting code, I'd rather them fix the other bugs(which probably won't happen anyway -.-)

I would like skillshots to not pass right over people and do nothing, the minion pathing to be fixed, and so much more. The small bugs have just been piling on and on.

FearAzrael

09-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotKiddington View Post
let's wait and see the poll results.
Out of all the suggestions to fix 3v3 and bring it more into the public eye, Co-op vs Ai is what Riot responds to? : (

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

09-30-2012

I said other:

Yes, but imo they need to get the support for it regarding balance etc out first. Co-op might get more people into it, or give you a better opportunity to practice, but that's a bad idea to do if they're going to do any heavy reworks.

This is especially true if they plan on doing any map/jungle/etc changes that could drastically affect how you would want to code the AI.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nestrinast View Post
Yes; you should be able to put every level of Bots in a Twisted Treeline CUSTOM game.
Population pools need to stay large and healthy for each queue, and every new queue segments the population significantly as people migrate. Every aspect with multiple options (bot difficulty, ranked/non-ranked, game mode, map, blind/draft pick, etc) will just add more queues. Prune the little buds so the plant stays health and yields good fruit.
Imo, once they get to the point where they're satisfied with TT (they've mentioned that they need to support it better), Co-op could actually increase the number of players that try it. Currently the only way to get into TT is to play a pvp game, which can be very discerning for a lot of players. Being able to test out the waters in co-op means that many more might be willing to give it a try. Certainly some of these will decide it's not for them, but so will some of them continue to give it a shot.

ManicPhilosopher

09-30-2012

Post this in GD, instead of where only people who care about TT will see it. The Red post gives some exposure, but the pool of people you are collecting data from is biased.

Kagami

09-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nestrinast View Post
Dominion bot matches had no effect on the SR bot match queue times, and Dominion bots have very low queue times anyways, I'd like to have TT bots since I like to play vs bots for build testing/practice and 1st wins.

Kikhan

09-30-2012

I voted no due to many other features I would rather have first. Also I know they haven't figured out how to add jungling to SR yet so trying to add something like the increased jungling needed to TT is an even harder further stretch.

Nuroko

09-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanthus730 View Post
Whenever thinking about a feature request like this there's only really 3 questions to ask:

1. How would it affect people who want it?
2. How would it affect people who don't want it?
3. Is it exploitable or could it possibly affect other things in unwanted ways?

For this:

1. They would use it and be happy.
2. They would be unaffected.
3. Probably not, other than the usual patch-day glitches.

Pros FAR outweigh cons. DO IT

That's EXACTLY what I think about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotKiddington View Post
let's wait and see the poll results.
Seriously? Isn't this enough already? We have even Dominion bots, c'mon!

wPCPdBBvAF

09-30-2012

Would it be nice? Sure.

Would Riot be better off focusing on something else? Definitely.

RedliwLedah

09-30-2012

I don't even play Twisted Treeline and I believe this should absolutely for sure be done.
You can't program an AI to do something you don't understand at some fairly deep level. TT still has many problems that I know a team is working on, but I think one of the best ways for more people at Riot to understand more fully how TT works and what needs to be done is to get AI to work on that map.
Unless the team just goes the "lazy" (AI programming is hard) way and just has bots push mindlessly down the lane like some bots.

123456 ... 8