The Comic LoLz Contest Winners are In

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KitStylus

Senior Member

09-29-2012

Im really disappointed, after a month of waiting a lot of the comics i thought were really good didnt make it to top 32. Yet alot of crappy drawn and unfunny jokes make it? I know art is subjective but who picked up these comics?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LucidFlux

Senior Member

09-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetseriel View Post
Im really disappointed, after a month of waiting a lot of the comics i thought were really good didnt make it to top 32. Yet alot of crappy drawn and unfunny jokes make it? I know art is subjective but who picked up these comics?
Kinda feels like they didn't look at all the comics...

And if you did look at the comics then why did you forget Pulsefire Teemo!?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MsPudding

Sentient Pudding

Follow MsPudding on Twitter

09-29-2012
10 of 12 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucidFlux View Post
Kinda feels like they didn't look at all the comics...
We did. Multiple times, actually. Every comic in the top 32 made it past 5 rounds of elimination.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Akira Desmondes

Senior Member

09-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smeagolz View Post
How did pulsefire teemo not get top 32?
LOL LOL OL OL OLO LOLOL that is way MOAR epic than fiddles in wonderland XD Its so COOL and PRO and sheet XD wahahah i laughed my ass of. Well from those 32 entries i guess there was a need for votation and stuff, I suppose it's a matter of who gets more votes in all categories. They did take a whole month for this...
Tho i wonder how do they select winners.

Oh, I see now. (reading riot posts~)


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

swan2swan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

09-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsPudding View Post
We did. Multiple times, actually. Every comic in the top 32 made it past 5 rounds of elimination.
I think Brand would be a more appropriate icon for you right now.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Akira Desmondes

Senior Member

09-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsPudding View Post
This contest was judged equally on art quality AND humor. We held an entire judging meeting with many of our artists in-house to go through hundreds of individual submissions and rate them with point values for how funny they were, and how high the art quality was.

The fact is, everyone has a slightly different sense of humor, and not everyone will appreciate art in the same way either. I'm sorry that you found zero of our 32 winning comics humorous, but they had many of us rolling on the floor with laughter. The same goes for how impressed we were with the quality of the art!

Truly, I'm sorry that our incredibly talented fan artists even have to see your negativity about the AMAZING work they've submitted and are being recognized for. They put countless hours of work into these, and it really stood out to us.
I like this. I won't say that all the entries are funny and beautiful, but they all are in some way or another funny or beautiful. I suppose it takes credit to think of it. Because of ALL the 3,000 entries you guys recieved, I suppose there will be a lot of beautiful comics that seem hillarious to me but maybe not to the general public, so yeah. I understand what you say. I like this a lot more than explanations given in the Noxus noms contest XD :3 Thanks ! I hope I'll see my friends who submitted things happy to see some prizes when they log into their accounts n_n!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ProfHeimerdinger

Senior Member

09-29-2012

I wish there is a way to unvote after accidentally voting for an entry


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Catnium

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

09-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smeagolz View Post
How did pulsefire teemo not get top 32?

because most people stopped looking and probably voted about about 5 clicks , because the comix had to be loaded individually and could NOT be comfortably browsed true

pretty lame imo


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LitePollution

Senior Member

09-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catnium View Post
because most people stopped looking and probably voted about about 5 clicks , because the comix had to be loaded individually and could NOT be comfortably browsed true

pretty lame imo
But it's the reds that choose the top 32, so the reds didn't think Pulsefire Teemo was awesome apparently...


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jesot

Senior Member

09-30-2012

Really? These suck.

I know people put work into them, but they aren't funny and a lot of them aren't well drawn either.