LoL VS Dota2

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Feladorzor

09-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kippenei View Post
Right so by surprise today I received an e-mail regarding a dota2 invitation so I got up and downloaded it straight away.

As I've played like 3 games so far just bots because its hella different to LoL and I've never played Dota (1) I couldn't imagine going vs real people straight away.

My conclusion is that the skills are alot more creative. It's not the standard leap/aoe/stun/fear **** it goes alot deeper and I love it.

Now as this is in the discussion forum I really wanna hear your thoughts, not like Dota2 is alot better then LoL or the other way around as they are 2 different games really. And one shouldn't compare to one another.

What i've noticed is a guy with 3 basic abilities which activate spheres around him giving him extra stats, he can have 3 active spheres at a given time but he may mix them or have 3 of the same kind as the stats do stack. He's ultimate however creates a new active abilitie depending on what spheres he has activated let me explain:
He's Q sphere gives him healthregen. He's W sphere give him attk speed + mov speed and he's E sphere gives him attk damage.
When he has one of each sphere activated and activates he's ulti he created a massive wave which knocksback and stuns.
This is one example but because you can mix them up you can make I think 9 different abilities which is awesome imo.
Theres also a support character like Karma, but better imo because she has a ult that teleports herself and an ally to a destination on a map for 15 secs if they dont die while they are there after the 15 secs she gets teleported back to the location where she cast it. Another awesome abilitie.

I'm just saying, LoL should get a bit more creative regarding mechanics and stuff.. They should look at Dota2 and think yeah we could do something similar.

Sorry for bad english grammar you can be a Nazi but that's not the point of this discussion thread.
Complexity for complexities sake.

Riots philosophy when making champions is not to make them difficult or intricate just because they can. It is about making engaging and interesting champions. You can have a champion which requires basic motor skills to use and still make them interesting by giving them multiple layers of depth i.e. what they bring to the battlefield, the different ways they can influence a game.

Zetasphere

09-29-2012

That said, Naga Siren is great. But they're different games. They're both fun. I love watching streams of both and the tournaments (for the record, The DotA2 Invitational was one of the most amazing things I've seen) and all of it. Fanboys fighting over what is better make me sad. It's as if someone says they like ice cream but one guy comes up and demands he like vanilla over chocolate while another guy says he has to like chocolate over vanilla. Uh, it is possible to simply like ice cream.

Keirndmo

09-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prenn View Post
Theyre two completely separate games. League is actually more balanced, regardless of what people say. This is coming from and X hon / dota and current dota 2 player. Where dota 2 has more emphasis on you being able to carry yourself with 4 other people who just play a roll on your team, league emphasizes team play and map control... you will grasp some concepts of league better then dota, and the other way around.
*10 minutes later.*
Hey guys we killed Ryze after our whole team focused him for 10 minutes!
Better start on Malphite!

Velrex

09-29-2012

Iunno why people act like every champion in Dota is so unique. They do have some amazingly unique ones(Meepo, Invoker) but some of them are just so darn simple/outdated design-wise or have just plain boring kits.

Skeleton king, Bane, Lina, Sven, Anti-mage, Drow Ranger(One of the biggest offenders here), Dragon Knight, Slardar, Bounty hunter, Mortred, and i'm sure I'm missing a ton of em.

Some of the heroes have awesome kits sure, but I just feel like League does it a lot better with a lot of their unique kits and builds. You'll never see a champion like Orianna, Cassiopeia,Rumble, or Draven in Dota, champions who have extremely unique mechanics that really couldn't be carried over easily in Dota, because they wouldn't work or just simply arent too fitting for the game.

I mean, Dota 2 is pretty damn unique with some of their characters, I'm not gonna lie. But most people have to notice that LoL has a lot of characters that flow so well with the game.

I played Dota way back then during battle.net, and when I first played LoL, i was amazed by how unique some of the characters were. Seeing champions with whole new energy systems, passives that totally change an otherwise boring skill set to an amazingly different one (Mordekaiser,, totally different item builds, even multiple ones on the same champion, a lot of really interesting plays on Dota champions (Teemo being, in my opinion, Techies and Templar Assassin combined), and all of that.

I just want to say that while League does limit themselves with a lot of creative possibility due to what can and can't work with the game, they make up for it with a lot of creativity of their own, and no damn "3 passive, one active" champions.

Velrex

09-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delsabers View Post
Land of Chaos Online is a way better then both of these games, but the ******* game company made it to where u must pay real money for new champs. And those champs u pay real money for are major OP so you can't play free champs to compete with them. Bottom line, that third person version is a **** load better then this point and click way.
I've played LoCO.

NO. that was horrible.

Dan Klein

09-29-2012

You're right. After 3 games of playing bots, you now have a solid foundation to compare subtleties and mechanics between the two games.

LittleMewMew

09-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imclueless View Post
You're talking about Invoker.

The guy that originally MADE Invoker works for Riot (Guinsoo). He's posted about him on these forums before, essentially saying that Invoker is a terrible design, because he is complexity for the sake of complexity, and that Riot won't make anything like it.

You may be able to find the posts if you look.
Then why did they make Syndra? o.o

VegaD

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessChen View Post
Then why did they make Syndra? o.o
Syndra is not complex for the sake of being complex, and she is not comparable to invoker at all.

Prenn

09-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keirndmo View Post
*10 minutes later.*
Hey guys we killed Ryze after our whole team focused him for 10 minutes!
Better start on Malphite!
Well thats not correct, and if thats the depth you have accomplished in Leauge of Legends then I wouldnt recommend either game for you.

Anthropics

09-29-2012

I don't like playing against Invoker, having 3 instances of Quas active makes it basically impossible to kill him if you aren't spamming your skills (which you can't do in Dota).