LoL VS Dota2

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ippiki Okami

09-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kippenei View Post
Right so by surprise today I received an e-mail regarding a dota2 invitation so I got up and downloaded it straight away.

As I've played like 3 games so far just bots because its hella different to LoL and I've never played Dota (1) I couldn't imagine going vs real people straight away.

My conclusion is that the skills are alot more creative. It's not the standard leap/aoe/stun/fear **** it goes alot deeper and I love it.
From memory I avoided Dota2 because the skills were copy+paste from DotA, which means more imaginative = stun length.

Did invoker ever recieve a much needed nerf before DotA 2 ?

Delsabers

09-29-2012

Land of Chaos Online is a way better then both of these games, but the ******* game company made it to where u must pay real money for new champs. And those champs u pay real money for are major OP so you can't play free champs to compete with them. Bottom line, that third person version is a **** load better then this point and click way.

Sunsoft

09-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Stinky View Post
A ghost horse that deals more damage with movement speed?
Spiritbreaker did more damage with more movement speed...

CataclysmCrash

09-29-2012

Just say Invoker bro.

It's not a far stretch to assume that people who play a MOBA genre game will have some basic knowledge of some others.

Dota 2 is a different beast balance wise. Already you'll notice in League that usually the stronger champs are the ones that have multiple abilities/passive extra buffs assigned to abilities.

If they do have a complex champ Invoker style, his power is going to have to come from chaining multiple weak spells together. It will still have that combo game play where you have to pick the best combo you could use. Which is a great part about playing Invoker.

Sunsoft

09-29-2012

I loved playing Invoker, he was easily one of the best/most fun heroes in Dota when you got used to him.

Khabi Jenkins

09-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prenn View Post
Theyre two completely separate games. League is actually more balanced, regardless of what people say. This is coming from and X hon / dota and current dota 2 player. Where dota 2 has more emphasis on you being able to carry yourself with 4 other people who just play a roll on your team, league emphasizes team play and map control... you will grasp some concepts of league better then dota, and the other way around.
this is really all you needed to read to answer your question

Xyltin

09-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kippenei View Post
What i've noticed is a guy with 3 basic abilities which activate spheres around him giving him extra stats, he can have 3 active spheres at a given time but he may mix them or have 3 of the same kind as the stats do stack. He's ultimate however creates a new active abilitie depending on what spheres he has activated let me explain:
He's Q sphere gives him healthregen. He's W sphere give him attk speed + mov speed and he's E sphere gives him attk damage.
When he has one of each sphere activated and activates he's ulti he created a massive wave which knocksback and stuns.
This is one example but because you can mix them up you can make I think 9 different abilities which is awesome imo.
Theres also a support character like Karma, but better imo because she has a ult that teleports herself and an ally to a destination on a map for 15 secs if they dont die while they are there after the 15 secs she gets teleported back to the location where she cast it. Another awesome abilitie.
Invokers design is awesome, but not really balanceable.
He got removed once in Dota cause it was impossible. Then hsi remake came, and he is again one of the strongest possible picks in the game since then.

You can nerf every ability a bit and he would get useless.
Nerf only some and he wouldn't lose much strength.

This champ has the highest skill cap of all heroes, but when you can play him, he is broken (that's why he gets banned and picked most of the time).

In terms of kits and creativity, i think riots makes good progression.

Kippenei

09-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by iAaeru View Post
Did you really make another thread and copy pasted your last one?
Yeah,, because when I refreshed the page an error came saying I didn't have rights to view this page or w/e but yeah alright Guinsoo is awesome then.

Von Nicklesnout

09-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Stinky View Post
I think the characters are much for creaative in league of legends. A little girl with a demon teddy bear? A ghost horse that deals more damage with movement speed?
Hi

Empowering Haste

Causes the Spirit Breaker to gain power with higher movement speed, allowing him to deal extra damage based on his movement speed. His presence increases the movement speed of nearby allied units.
Increased Allied Movement Speed: 6%/8%/10%/12%
Movement Speed Aura Radius: 900
Increased Attack Damage: 4%/8%/12%/16% of Movement Speed

ImboredxP

09-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ippiki Okami View Post
From memory I avoided Dota2 because the skills were copy+paste from DotA, which means more imaginative = stun length.

Did invoker ever recieve a much needed nerf before DotA 2 ?
Icefrog nerfed his Quas-Wex and buffed his Quas-Exort.