The Comic LoLz Contest Winners are In

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Iraxx

09-28-2012

BuilderBob93

09-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucidFlux View Post
How the heck did the fat Soraka one get put in the top 30 and Pulsefire Teemo didn't!?
I voted for fat soraka

Jwong3

09-28-2012

u guys need to stop hating. just because you like one comic more than another doesn't mean the one you dislike shouldn't be placed in the top 32. amazing job everyone! many talented people.

MsPudding

Sentient Pudding

Follow MsPudding on Twitter

09-28-2012
9 of 12 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by USnip View Post
Wow it's really disappointing that two pretty entries and not ones that were actually funny won. Well the fiddles one is kind of funny, but there were funnier ones...

I'd be really upset if I'd entered this, isn't making it a 'comic' contest kind of implying that you'll judge it mostly on it's comedy? I bet gary larson would have gotten rolled if he'd entered this since apparently a joke is not required and artistic talent is.
All 32 comics in the voting ARE winners. Every single one of them. They're getting awesome Razer gear, an official Facebook feature, and a spot in our hall of fame, along with some sweet RP. AND there's more winners, you just don't know about them yet, and neither do the artists

We truly appreciated the amazing efforts everyone put in, so we're even going to reward them for the time they spent on an entry, regardless of whether it was a winner.

Klyntoc

09-28-2012

Gratz to all of the winners and good work to everyone that submitted a comic. I know many are disappointed they didn't place but don't forget that everyone worked hard and hopefully had fun.

My favorite is the dinner with Teemo and Tristana, great work!

Here was my entry:

Kikhan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsPudding View Post
Yes, there were hundreds!

I personally downloaded an entire folder of hundreds of comics that didn't make it into the top 32. It was extremely difficult to narrow them down in the first place! These will make it onto our official Facebook page to be featured one by one every weekend so each comic will get the exposure it deserves
How will you feature hundreds on weekends one by one when there are only 52 weeks in a year assuming you do something like this again in about a year?

Juns94

09-28-2012

I really felt dissapointed in the election of the winners.

Mainly because the rules stated that the comic MUST have a buff involved it it, but if you notice, most of the picks are just funny faces, no punchlines and a buff that is forced to appear but has no real importance to the joke.

Also, the top winners aren't the best ones imo, just really good artwork.

Anyways, congrats to everyone.

Aezuriel

09-28-2012

Just creating a piece for this contest was fun and rewarding, especially for those of us who don't get a chance to flex our creativity as much as we'd like. I am amazed by all the entries I've seen and have nothing but gratitude and appreciation for the winners. I also can't wait to see the rest as they trickle out.

Kudos to everybody.

I eagerly await the next contest.

Santus

09-28-2012

Some of the winning comics were pretty clever and some of them have some crazy drawing skills I envy.
I'm attaching my entry, I spent some time on this so at least I want some peopleto be able to see it.
Hope you like it guys.

EagLeaf

09-28-2012

That's Articuno, wtf.