The Comic LoLz Contest Winners are In

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Refugee

09-28-2012

Ah thank you for listening about the facebook thing. Good guy riot strikes again.

Xyrne

09-28-2012

The Wizard of Oz one is funny, the other.. I don't know if I'm just missing a joke, but I don't think it's funny at all. Sure it's well drawn, but... I'd like to get the thought process behind deciding that should be a grand prize winner over some of the much funnier and more clever ones in the other list.

Feneroe

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-28-2012

Any chance we'll be able to see the ones that didn't make the cut? There has to be some real gems there that just didn't make it.

MsPudding

Sentient Pudding

Follow MsPudding on Twitter

09-28-2012
6 of 12 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feneroe View Post
Any chance we'll be able to see the ones that didn't make the cut? There has to be some real gems there that just didn't make it.
Yes, there were hundreds!

I personally downloaded an entire folder of hundreds of comics that didn't make it into the top 32. It was extremely difficult to narrow them down in the first place! These will make it onto our official Facebook page to be featured one by one every weekend so each comic will get the exposure it deserves

onDuBz

09-28-2012

Fiddle, nooOo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feneroe View Post
This what you're looking for? http://woobox.com/szdku8

Tactical Magic

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsPudding View Post
This contest was judged equally on art quality AND humor. We held an entire judging meeting with many of our artists in-house to go through hundreds of individual submissions and rate them with point values for how funny they were, and how high the art quality was.
Using artists to judge was a mistake. If you had a bunch of stand-up comedians judging on "art quality AND humor" do you really think they'd focus a lot on the art?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsPudding View Post
I'm sorry that you found zero of our 32 winning comics humorous
EDIT: Your assertion that no one likes ANY of the posts is an rhetorical oversimplification. The top 2 just weren't funny (at least the Brand/Anivia one).

I should note that 99.9% of what you guys do is awesome. This: significantly sub-awesome.

MsPudding

Sentient Pudding

09-28-2012
7 of 12 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joat116 View Post
Ah thank you for listening about the facebook thing. Good guy riot strikes again.
We truly are sorry about the voting app issue. I'd love for you all to be able to easily flip through each entry without having to load each of them up in separate windows, but we're having technical issues and can't get a full gallery up just yet.

Due to the extreme inflation of the initial votes (because of the technical inconvenience), we've cleared the votes to start anew, and will keep it blind to remove as much of the popularity bias as possible. I truly want to give each of these comics as much exposure as it can so everyone has a fair chance at being spotted and voted for!

I will be uploading the English versions of the Ryze and Blitzcrank/Riven comics to our Facebook page, so that you'll get to read the translated versions before making a decision.

You can vote once per day, so if you really want to give a few comics the attention they deserve, come back again to vote for another one of your favorites

MsPudding

Sentient Pudding

09-28-2012
8 of 12 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactical Magic View Post
Using artists to judge was a mistake. If you had a bunch of stand-up comedians judging on "art quality AND humor" do you really think they'd focus a lot on the art?

I apologize for not being clear on this. Artists were not the only ones involved in the judging process. We had a number of comic enthusiasts and community employees involved as well.

Rormirror

09-28-2012

A bit bummed mine didn't make the cut but I still had fun making it.

http://bcmirror.deviantart.com/#/d5bh4z7

Grats to those that won and were nominated.