The Comic LoLz Contest Winners are In

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NeurOnyx

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

09-28-2012

Seriously. The anivia/brand comic was the opposite of funny. The Fiddles one was GOLD, but otherwise, I shake my head at what you guys think is humor.

Norwar

09-28-2012

Both winners are great. Sure, they are not "It's so fuuny my face is falling off!", but they are clever and have awesome art. You guys just don't get them.

Pulsefire Teemo has great art and awesome setting, but fails in its conclusion. The punchline is misplaced, spoiling itself when the build up isn't concluded yet. And then, there's the meme.

Miss Kilvas

09-28-2012

I know i posted once already, but I May as well post mine, not the greatest, but still. lol:
http://princesskilvas.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d5cg9fy

AddictedtoPuddi

09-28-2012

I think the Fiddlesticks one would have been funnier if the Tin Man was Blitz, Dorothy was Annie(and Toto was Tibbers) and Rengar was the Cowardly Lion.

Hi Geoffrey

aka Bazner

Follow Xin it to Win It on Twitter

09-28-2012
3 of 12 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infected Mess View Post
Only sad part is the people with the best artistic talents always win, Never a winner for effort or even being really funny, I guess we all have to go to school for the arts and learn how to draw. Sad thing is there is never a contest for people that don't have artistic talents.
We are working hard to develop new types of contents that enable people to showcase skills beyond art, music or sculpture. I personally have very little artistic talent and 100% understand the pain of players that want to be able to enter more of our contests, but feel excluded due to lack of art skills. That said, the ideas that we are knocking around would still reward time and effort.

michelada

09-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazner View Post
We are working hard to develop new types of contents that enable people to showcase skills beyond art, music or sculpture. I personally have very little artistic talent and 100% understand the pain of players that want to be able to enter more of our contests, but feel excluded due to lack of art skills. That said, the ideas that we are knocking around would still reward time and effort.
still judging a comic for its art and not the humor its bad

crypticrevival

09-28-2012

Why doesn't RIOT just post all entries? Even if RIOT wants to limit those who can win a prize, at least show all entries - that in itself is rewarding.

I was super sad when my noxus noms entry wasn't posted. And saddened again to see my comic not here.

MsPudding

Sentient Pudding

Follow MsPudding on Twitter

09-28-2012
4 of 12 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelada View Post
still judging a comic for its art and not the humor its bad
This contest was judged equally on art quality AND humor. We held an entire judging meeting with many of our artists in-house to go through hundreds of individual submissions and rate them with point values for how funny they were, and how high the art quality was.

The fact is, everyone has a slightly different sense of humor, and not everyone will appreciate art in the same way either. I'm sorry that you found zero of our 32 winning comics humorous, but they had many of us rolling on the floor with laughter. The same goes for how impressed we were with the quality of the art!

Truly, I'm sorry that our incredibly talented fan artists even have to see your negativity about the AMAZING work they've submitted and are being recognized for. They put countless hours of work into these, and it really stood out to us.

Hi Geoffrey

aka Bazner

Follow Xin it to Win It on Twitter

09-28-2012
5 of 12 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by crypticrevival View Post
Why doesn't RIOT just post all entries? Even if RIOT wants to limit those who can win a prize, at least show all entries - that in itself is rewarding.

I was super sad when my noxus noms entry wasn't posted. And saddened again to see my comic not here.
We plan to showcase a LOT more of these comics as we got over 3,000 entries into this contest.

crypticrevival

09-28-2012

Should art have been a consideration at all? There are some funny ones in there for sure. I just figured if art was part or all of the goal, have a poster competition. Just my two cents.

Good job on the submissions though people. I know many of you out there submitted and Riot didn't show them though - they are good too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsPudding View Post
This contest was judged equally on art quality AND humor. We held an entire judging meeting with many of our artists in-house to go through hundreds of individual submissions and rate them with point values for how funny they were, and how high the art quality was.

The fact is, everyone has a slightly different sense of humor, and not everyone will appreciate art in the same way either. I'm sorry that you found zero of our 32 winning comics humorous, but they had many of us rolling on the floor with laughter. The same goes for how impressed we were with the quality of the art.

Truly, I'm sorry that our incredibly talented fan artists even have to see your negativity about the AMAZING work they've submitted and are being recognized for. They put countless hours of work into these, and it really stood out to us. I'm sorry that you didn't appreciate it like we did.