Jungle Chogath is top-tier (Another guide by 5HITCOMBO)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Akal

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-12-2010

I got into a game today and immediately one of the other players went Morde and typed "I take mid." I was a bit worried, since I knew that my friend was playing Ez and he would want mid as well, so I said: "Hey, can you handle a double lane while I jungle?"

He said yes, I tried jungle Cho, and we ended up winning with me ganking bottom lane to help him 2x, ending the game with a 20-4-14 Morde and me at 8-8-13 (I was a little too gutsy in mid-game). They had no jungler, but their Taric was warding like a madman and came to harass me every time I stepped into their jungle, which was a pain.

So a good experience for my first jungle cho Actually managed to stay ahead of the side lanes in exp until level 11ish, which is when I died a lot and went behind in exp for a while. I decided to try a new item build, so I went HoG -> boots (mercury) -> Manamune -> RoA -> NLR if I remember. Manamune didn't really give a huge increase in dmg like I was hoping, but it did let me spam my spells a lot, which was nifty.

5HATCOMBO

09-12-2010

Amaterasu--I do remember playing against you as well!

Lorifel--Thanks for the link, I was looking for it. I'll add it .

Everyone else--Thanks for the positive feedback! I'm glad to hear you enjoy the guide.

LoveDragon

09-14-2010

great guide but i couldn't help notice your pictures are hundreds of games apart. Maybe a bit inconsistent, but im still gonna try it.

5HATCOMBO

09-14-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveDragon View Post
great guide but i couldn't help notice your pictures are hundreds of games apart. Maybe a bit inconsistent, but im still gonna try it.
When you play a ranked game it shows your ranked games and when you play a normal game it shows your normal games. Those were all in the past month.

Waterslicer

09-16-2010

Hey 5hitcombo, I've tried to follow everything in your guide as much as i could, but i just keep dieing whenever i do blue buff. i'm only summoner level 20 though and i don't have enough IP to buy the all the suggested runes which i'm guessing is why i'm failing so hard. I've jungled with Yi and WW before without the proper runes, but is there anyway i can do that with chogath?

When i use cloth + 5 hp pots, i get golem to 200 life (smited) then i die, and when i use a red pot + 5 hp pots, i can kill him but end up with like 160 life and can barely finish the jungle once, with really low health the whole time. Then when i go for the enemies jungle (usually no jungler) i die at golem again unless i b pill and heal first. ANY advice would be really nice as i don't wanna lane with chogath anymore, and i really enjoy your guide :P

Amaterasuomikami

09-16-2010

Watslicer, with almost all junglers you will have a bit of trouble until your 30/full runed.

Al3xander

09-17-2010

Hi again 5HIT. I didn't bother reading the whole guide, but it seems good, and better than the last one.

P.S. I tend to say this a whole lot, but technically guides aren't for "pro" players. Guides are for players that need to learn. In order to help proprely, please make the guides more accessible to them. In this case, try fixing the item abbreviations, eventually add them into your post like this: Needlessly Large Rod

Letkhar

09-17-2010

Horrible guide because Elementz says Cho's trash tier.

Al3xander

09-18-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Letkhar View Post
Horrible guide because Elementz says Cho's trash tier.
He's not really trash tier at the moment due to tanky metagame. He is way more viable than eve, teemo, etc. After the tanky meta falls apart, well, he'll be same tier as them.

Xorlak

09-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al3xander View Post
He's not really trash tier at the moment due to tanky metagame. He is way more viable than eve, teemo, etc. After the tanky meta falls apart, well, he'll be same tier as them.

If I'm not mistaken you, sir, just got trolled lol.

. . . At least, that's how I viewed the post you quoted lol.