Dear Riot.....

12345612 ... 29
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Killatroll

09-28-2012

Signed! It would only help improve the game so why not!

Kilar

09-28-2012

Gotta Agree with proXc if riot would give us a template for what they want then our ideas could be closer to what it takes to make a LOL champion even though a lot of ideas on here already fit the mold from what I can tell. It would be nice if a company would listen to what its loyal fan base wants and not just worry about the money

Rageman202

09-28-2012

Thanks for the support!

Skyhawke

09-28-2012

Quote:
Welcome to the Player Concepts forum! This forum is a creative outlet for the many talented summoners who wish to flex their skills and have other summoners provide feedback. The goal should not be to have Riot take your idea and put it into the game. The goal is to grow your own ability to design within the creative space that is the League of Legends.
That is Riot's stance on this forum (at least according to RiotAmes). Would I love to see an idea implemented from the community? Of course! But as Katsuni explained, that is extremely unlikely, and making concepts with the sole purpose of getting them implemented by Riot would only be an exercise in frustration.

Personally, I think we should focus on making this an awesome environment for fostering creative thought and sharpening our own game design skills. If everyone's only focused on getting their ideas implemented, we will miss out on the chance to band together as a community and help each other improve.

FRANKx7HExTANK

09-28-2012

signed, printed, emailed,whatever it takes for more of this

p.s gorilla wukong just saying ive already posted my idea.

ItemsGuy

09-28-2012

Do keep in mind that this place is pretty much the Australia of the forums.

ie. Riot made it so that GD wouldn't be flooded with ****ty "new champ idea everyone will love *new resource* riot plz look" threads all the time.

They don't go here because they know that there really isn't anything worth finding. They'd save more time just coming up with champs on their own than if they slogged through all the **** in here to find a chance fragment of something that might be workable if they messed around with it a bit.

Gundenspand

09-28-2012

I sign.

Rageman202

09-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyhawk47 View Post
That is Riot's stance on this forum (at least according to RiotAmes). Would I love to see an idea implemented from the community? Of course! But as Katsuni explained, that is extremely unlikely, and making concepts with the sole purpose of getting them implemented by Riot would only be an exercise in frustration.

Personally, I think we should focus on making this an awesome environment for fostering creative thought and sharpening our own game design skills. If everyone's only focused on getting their ideas implemented, we will miss out on the chance to band together as a community and help each other improve.
Understandable but there are complete Ideas out there. Look at some of these posts that have been constantly bumped and the creator had to beg for reviews because they want to strive for it. Do not get me wrong, I understand it is not the easiest thing to do. I am not asking for everyones to turn to the sole purpose. But the fact of the matter is that there are ideas here that could very well work, in game. But we wouldnt know because of the fact we dont know how to test them.... I agree the council was a great start to turn this very place around. Seeing it from a far, because i could never make my own champion concept. Only would result in hair yanking and such..... It is not fair that people spend there time perfecting there Concept for Riot to go... "Huh, What is the Player Concept Forums?" Because I can and will call this the The Reds Dead Man Land, simply because that sticky would be harmful and make people like it because Riot gave it the sticky or hate it because it was release just a few days ago. I just think that Riot does not really listen to there Community when it comes to what they want to see for champions. I mean skin wise we had to fight for Bunny Girl Riven. And trust me if you went and saw the art @ DevianArt, you would find things that would be AMAZING for Skins and yet they dont want to put forth the effort to ask permission to use?????

Rageman202

09-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItemsGuy View Post
Do keep in mind that this place is pretty much the Australia of the forums.

ie. Riot made it so that GD wouldn't be flooded with ****ty "new champ idea everyone will love *new resource* riot plz look" threads all the time.

They don't go here because they know that there really isn't anything worth finding. They'd save more time just coming up with champs on their own than if they slogged through all the **** in here to find a chance fragment of something that might be workable if they messed around with it a bit.
While yes there are some crappy concepts there are just as many good as there are bad. There are some Arc Types that they dissmissed or havent even told us that they could be working on.... Spider Queen (Not a Paticular Favorite of the Forums), I have seen tons of Elementalist, and the Contest for Kassidins Daughter.... Yet they dont say a lick to the community if they are thinking of making any of those listed....

Ruin Sage

09-28-2012

I would agree with this. The forums are a huge font of knowledge that is virtually untapped. This could also be implemented as something individual players sign on their account page, like the summoner's code, so that the people who want to keep their ideas as 'theirs' can do so.
I sign the petition.

12345612 ... 29