Help thread for players, answer by 1800s.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ExecutionerK

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaProject View Post
I don't know if this was asked, but what are some easy to learn and are solid, safe picks for each role and is viable in Low ELO Solo Queue?
Ryze: You don't need to learn skill shot, but learning smartcast is recommended.

Graves: Once again, not much of a skillshot champion, strong AoE, and smoke screen is powerful in team fight.

ExecutionerK

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy 0rton View Post
How would you gank a lane that's warded? I either jungle rengar, panth, or ww, with flash/smite. So I can flash + stun
Cause i don't want to just neglect the lane and tell them "oh i can't gank cause it's warded....sorry."
I could get an oracles if i'm doing really well....but they would know i'm there either way, so it wouldn't help
Lane gank

Most of the time the wards are placed in river. In other words, you can often walk into the lane bush and found that no wards are being placed. Lane bush is more time consuming, but most of the time it is even more effective than ganking from river.

ExecutionerK

09-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drausin View Post
Hey Ken,

I love playing Lulu, and I'm getting to be quite good at her. However, I have a lot of trouble with tankier supports (taric, nunu, leona, for example) bullying me out of lane. Against taric, I try to hit him hard while his stun is on cooldown, but in the case of nunu, ice ball cooldown is so short...

How can I stand up to them, while still being aggressive and keeping my carry alive?? Thanks a million!
In this case, max out Q rather than E. Once you put the E on the support or AD carry, it is really easy for you to hit both enemies with the Q, and generally you will outpoke them.

As for keeping the carry alive...Well, if the enemy doesn't have the hp, they just can't jump on you.

Azphix

09-28-2012

Hey a question, should i keep playing ranked ? Even though i may drop down hard and the season is ending it wont matter and my reward is already set for silver unless i break 1289?. What if i hit a bad streak? yet i tried my best and tried to carry the game, be it as a support or as a jungler. What do u think i should do? change my mentality and playing ranked as a normal game like pros do it ? and maybe that will relieve some tension that will allow me to win?, I need some advice. Thanks in advance.

ExecutionerK

09-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXDramechXx View Post
Hey a question, should i keep playing ranked ? Even though i may drop down hard and the season is ending it wont matter and my reward is already set for silver unless i break 1289?. What if i hit a bad streak? yet i tried my best and tried to carry the game, be it as a support or as a jungler. What do u think i should do? change my mentality and playing ranked as a normal game like pros do it ? and maybe that will relieve some tension that will allow me to win?, I need some advice. Thanks in advance.
Well, judging from your builds you clearly need improvement on building. I will suggest you to try to look at guides on solomid.net, then try to follow those builds and play ranked with them and see the differences.

To be serious, without replay or anything, I can't really say where you should improve on, so your build will be the only thing I can check.

n00boxular

09-28-2012

I've been playing teemo alot recently and I had a question about sustain and damage.

AP on-hit or full AP gives me more damage from my AA and shrooms.

How do I sustain from the passive from toxic shot, malady, madred's blood razor and wit's end?

OmegaProject

09-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExecutionerKen View Post
Ryze: You don't need to learn skill shot, but learning smartcast is recommended.

Graves: Once again, not much of a skillshot champion, strong AoE, and smoke screen is powerful in team fight.
Thanks, but you left out the other roles.

ExecutionerK

09-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaProject View Post
Thanks, but you left out the other roles.
Other roles often require some of the other skills, and is not as easy as the two that i had mentioned.

For example, I probably play play Irelia against most Top, but the fact is that you will have to know when to play aggressive, and I am not expecting you to know that.

ExecutionerK

09-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by n00boxular View Post
I've been playing teemo alot recently and I had a question about sustain and damage.

AP on-hit or full AP gives me more damage from my AA and shrooms.

How do I sustain from the passive from toxic shot, malady, madred's blood razor and wit's end?
Usually you don't want to build madred's blood razor until very very late game. But even so most of the time lifesteal will outshine spell vamp. I mean you probably can go for a hextech revolver for spell vamp, but vamp scepter might still be a better choice, depending on how you want to get the sustain (if laning, yes, vamp scepter is better, if team fight starts happening, consider hextech)

LarcyBrown

09-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExecutionerKen View Post
Other roles often require some of the other skills, and is not as easy as the two that i had mentioned.

For example, I probably play play Irelia against most Top, but the fact is that you will have to know when to play aggressive, and I am not expecting you to know that.
You want champions you can just faceroll and do awesome with.
I recommand Jarvan and Brand.
Really the amount of skills needed to do awesome with those 2 is really low ._. You do need just a bit of timing for jarvans ulti...just a bit.
There not the most fun to play champs tough beware of that fact.