Do NOT buy the new Kha'Zix skin: Here's why

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

pavi132

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Post in the other big thread from our eCommerce Director:

Feel free to talk to him and leave feedback, but your fears won't come true on this.
lol just like our fears about every champion being released at 6300 IP?

havikryan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-27-2012

i will buy it because i have a job, easy as that.

Redeemed In Fire

09-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masochist View Post
You poor lemming.
This lemming is having a lot more fun, thanks though for the failed insult!

Morello

Lead Designer

09-28-2012
2 of 17 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Swarm of Koala View Post
Though I believe you on this, can you blame us for being worried? We were also told that not all champion releases would be 6300.
Understandable - we've undergone a lot of changes on the team, so we should be better about keeping a good balance of keeping the lights on and making things a price you guys like.

We're trying some things now to gague reaction, but not to up prices all over. If we can make something that takes double the resources and put something simpler (and cool) on a lower price point, then it can even out but still be valuable - you know, stuff like Sultan/Kha'Zix.

I don't know as much about this type of stuff, but how I see it (and one of the reasons I work at Riot instead of a big publishing house) our business model has to be player-focused as well; it's more important in a F2P game. RP sales aren't a "given," so if people feel gouged, or the product isn't worth the price, that's the worst thing we can do - both ways. Players hate it, the business suffers, lose-lose. It's actually a really honest business model...we make players happy, we both win. We fail to do so, everyone loses.

Arctic Bro

09-28-2012

Gotta catch 'em all.

Defialed

09-28-2012

Careful Riot. I honestly like this company and the product(s) it has. The people who make the game actually PLAY the game and LIKE it. Were as many companies have lost touch with what they made, and simply do it for the money, letting the soul of the game die (you know what i mean). Alot of us are afraid that you might slide down a slippery slope, and take one of our favorite games with you.

Bergtau

09-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Understandable - we've undergone a lot of changes on the team, so our goal is to manage a good balance of keeping the lights on and making things a price you guys like.

We're trying some things now to gague reaction, but not to up prices all over. If we can make something that takes double the resources and put something simpler (and cool) on a lower price point, then it can even out but still be valuable - you know, stuff like Sultan/Kha'Zix.

I don't know as much about this type of stuff, but how I see it (and one of the reasons I work at Riot instead of a big publishing house) our business model has to be player-focused as well; it's more important in a F2P game. RP sales aren't a "given," so if people feel gouged, or the product isn't worth the price, that's the worst thing we can do - both ways. Players hate it, the business suffers, lose-lose. It's actually a really honest business model...we make players happy, we both win. We fail to do so, everyone loses.
Yeah, the thing is, I would buy the whole "We want to see if we can make slightly higher quality skins for slightly more RP" thing if skin quality was consistent, especially considering how badly you guys bungled up with Magnificent TF.

Delicious Donut

09-28-2012

For this who have read this topic and still think "oh, nothing to worry, it's only an exception, the reds assure that this won't be a trend", read this topic: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...d.php?t=125803

Inferno51

09-28-2012

Heres the real reason why: Doesn't his default look awesome enough?

Dorsia

09-28-2012

this is actually the FIRST time i bought a skin with a champion on release day and not playing it to see if it really fit my style... because it's THAT BADASS. Amazing skin that i'm proud to own. Luckily, i'm also really happy with kha'zix