Do NOT buy the new Kha'Zix skin: Here's why

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Anthropics

Senior Member

09-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedAlkaiser View Post
It's a legendary skin though, so I can understand.
On the other hand, the standard skin looks way better I think, much more detail.

The mecha skin makes me think of pantheons full metal skin. Looks great in the art but then its a little bland when you actually try it. Maybe that's just me though, even though I was really looking forward to a mech champion.
People need to stop being fooled by this "legendary skin" bs. All it is is Riot creating artificial demand for overpriced content by attaching a meaningless label to it. "Magnificent TF isn't as good as current legendaries so we're retiring it but we can't reduce the price because it's Legendary (tm)"

It's especially ridiculous in this case. It's not like they had to go to any extra effort to get a new voiceline for Kha'zix; it's a launch skin, they just got the voicefile at the same time as they had the voice actor do all the other voices. The changing is something the champion already does and should not be factored into pricing, especially when things like Primal Udyr have already set a precedent for that.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Redeemed In Fire

Senior Member

09-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primanocte View Post
Riot is testing the waters with this new skin. They're upping the price on us to see if we'll still buy it. If everyone buys this new skin we can expect all new skins from here on out to come at the new increased price. Vote with your wallet people, tell Riot this is unacceptable.
Will be seeing if I can expedite the the purchase of some RP then, see Red posts.


Quote:
Originally Posted by ohdatLass View Post
>We're cutting it down to one skin to make skins better, but don't worry we won't jack up the price guys

"But the X's ult has slightly different particles for each level of the ult, we have to charge 1350!"

It begins.
I know right, it's not like he gets new effects, animations, and a new line...


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MA Sir Slayer

Senior Member

09-27-2012

Look at it a different way,
Perhaps all new legendaries will now be 1350, instead of 1820.
This community needs to remove the negative attitude.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NeoStyleZ

Senior Member

09-27-2012

Last morgana and swain skin are very good quality to txg good hipp was not in riot than otherwise they wuld be expencive aswell


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Masochist

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

09-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCIX View Post
Will be seeing if I can expedite the the purchase of some RP then, see Red posts.



I know right, it's not like he gets new effects, animations, and a new line...
You poor lemming.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

YoshioPeePee

Senior Member

09-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primanocte View Post
Riot is testing the waters with this new skin. They're upping the price on us to see if we'll still buy it. If everyone buys this new skin we can expect all new skins from here on out to come at the new increased price. Vote with your wallet people, tell Riot this is unacceptable.
voted with my wallet

buying rp just so i can buy Kha'Zix bundle


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

judgeshowtunes

Senior Member

09-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Post in the other big thread from our eCommerce Director:



Feel free to talk to him and leave feedback, but your fears won't come true on this.
I almost want to buy the skin just to try to counter people like the OP. I won't because I don't expect to play him much, but just to show my support for a lower-cost legendary skin. Mecha Kha'zix is clearly legendary status, and it's cool that it's only 1350. Hell, the bundle is the same price as before, for people that are really upset about it being 1350. People just don't like having to pay more for things, but it's definitely worth it in this case.

The only somewhat positive argument against it I saw was the guy who said he spent RP down to like 1200 assuming that the skin would be 975, and now he can't afford it. And he only asked that more advance notice of prices be given. Also, probably a good idea to have a cheaper skin also available on launch day. But still.

Bottom line: Stop *****ing. Either you like it enough to pay 1350, or you don't like it enough to pay 1350. But stop acting like Riot is some money-grubbing corporation trying to bleed you dry. The skin is clearly legendary, you should be thinking it's kinda cool that they knocked it down to 1350.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Assyrianlegend

Senior Member

09-27-2012

LOL i call bs dont buy people, DONT BUY!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

civ

Senior Member

09-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCIX View Post
I know right, it's not like he gets new effects, animations, and a new line...
The new line is the only thing setting itself apart from skins like battlecast urgot, blackthorn morgana, and full metal jayce.


Well that's not true, a single new line and 375 rp are the only things separating this skin from those skins.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Masochist

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

09-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judgeshowtunes View Post
I almost want to buy the skin just to try to counter people like the OP. I won't because I don't expect to play him much, but just to show my support for a lower-cost legendary skin. Mecha Kha'zix is clearly legendary status, and it's cool that it's only 1350. Hell, the bundle is the same price as before, for people that are really upset about it being 1350. People just don't like having to pay more for things, but it's definitely worth it in this case.

The only somewhat positive argument against it I saw was the guy who said he spent RP down to like 1200 assuming that the skin would be 975, and now he can't afford it. And he only asked that more advance notice of prices be given. Also, probably a good idea to have a cheaper skin also available on launch day. But still.

Bottom line: Stop *****ing. Either you like it enough to pay 1350, or you don't like it enough to pay 1350. But stop acting like Riot is some money-grubbing corporation trying to bleed you dry. The skin is clearly legendary, you should be thinking it's kinda cool that they knocked it down to 1350.
'

What happens when they still release legendary for 1800 and slowly phase out the 975 skins in favor of the 1350 skins?

All corporations are money grubbing entities, hoping to drain the consumer dry. If we didn't spend money, they wouldn't make any money. The more money we spend, the more money they make.