Do NOT buy the new Kha'Zix skin: Here's why

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wozniewski

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-27-2012

I have invested over 1 grand into this game and I feel like lately Riot has done too much to the pricing to gain my support anymore. I will only use refunds from now on and will use the remainder of my RP on sales. I'm sorry Riot I don't want you disappointed in a customer as grateful as me but this is really silly.

Lex Domino

09-27-2012

I bought the bundle therefore I don't really care.

I will say jacking up prices is ridiculous, but they tested the waters for this with EZ not with this new skin.

I think taking the second skin out of the bundles was more of an outrage than this.

Primanocte

09-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lex Domino View Post
I bought the bundle therefore I don't really care.

I will say jacking up prices is ridiculous, but they tested the waters for this with EZ not with this new skin.

I think taking the second skin out of the bundles was more of an outrage than this.
I agree about removing the 2nd skin. I find it hard to believe, that even with increased quality, that one skin takes more time and effort than 2. The last bundle I ever bought was Wukong. Both of his release skins were amazing. With most of their new champs (not all), I'm just not seeing enough improvements when compared to when they released two skins to justify only releasing one.

HNIC Skeletor

09-27-2012

Well this a skin we are talking about here... its not like you need to buy it so what if it costs more it doesnt affect game play and plus it does look a lot nicer then some of their previous release skins so its not like you need the skin to play at your optimal performance all you need is the champ

rangerike1363

09-27-2012

I bought the bundle as it's the same price as usual. I like the skin but I have a thing for mechs/robots. Also the splash reminds me of my favorite anime of all time, Teknoman so I love it even more.

As long as the bundle is a good price and I like the skin packaged, I'll buy it. I almost never buy single skins anymore outside of deals (and Nocturne I own all his skins and want to keep it that way). Too expensive for something that isn't necessary.

Sñuggles

09-27-2012

The bundle is still only 1435 like all the others...

Morello

Lead Designer

09-27-2012
1 of 17 Riot Posts

Post in the other big thread from our eCommerce Director:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippalus View Post
Good theory but wrong. That's no more accurate than expecting that if you buy Sultan Trynd that all future skins will come out at 487.

Most skins for the forseeable future, including Pentakill Olaf next week, will come out at 975. Most legendaries will continue to come out at 1820.

However you are somewhat correct in that your feedback (and purchases) will help us decide if 1350 and 487 launches should be considered in the future for skins that meet a certain threshold for quality and effort. If you don't think these either of these skins are worth the price to you, don't buy them and feel free to let us know why. If you think they are, we'd love to know that too.
Feel free to talk to him and leave feedback, but your fears won't come true on this.

Infected

09-27-2012

Everyone likes to complain. Riot releases a great skin and I bought it, if you don't like it, don't buy it.

Blutarsky Blues

09-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shatterfronts View Post
Everyone likes to complain. Riot releases a great skin and I bought it, if you don't like it, don't buy it.
^^^^^

does not impact game at all, take it or leave it!

Infected

09-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blutarsky Blues View Post
^^^^^

does not impact game at all, take it or leave it!

The community will find something to whine about even if skins were all 487.