Mecha Kha'Zix - 1350 RP

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fox P McCloud

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

09-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippalus View Post
Hi all - thanks for the feedback on Kha'zix's launch skin price.

This was a special case where the launch skin is arguably legendary due to the evolving model and other features. We decided that rather than price it as legendary, we would launch it at 1350 RP, and that we would keep the regular launch bundle price of 1462 so that players who want the skin could get the champion for almost free.

This will not be a trend for launch skins or skins in general, but as we produce more legendary quality skins, we may bring the 1350 RP price back on occasion.

We are also trying something new with Sultan Tryndamere today by launching him on sale for 487. Again, this will not be the norm, but I am interested in your continued feedback so we can decide which new ideas make sense and which should be sent to the recycle bin.
I'm a bit offput, to be honest---Jayce's skin changes just about as much and also changes the voice, yet it's 975....I don't understand the reason for doing this at all.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Talith PA

Senior Member

09-27-2012

Spent 6300 IP because I thought it was another 950 skin. Relogged since I thought the 1350 price was a bug since I already owned the champion. Then I notice the 1462 bundle and can't help but feel upset since I would have just purchased that. I'd refund the champion and then get the bundle but that would feel like a waste of a refund. Getting the skin for 1350 would feel like a waste of IP.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Secretbeef

Senior Member

09-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippalus View Post
Hi all - thanks for the feedback on Kha'zix's launch skin price.

This was a special case where the launch skin is arguably legendary due to the evolving model and other features. We decided that rather than price it as legendary, we would launch it at 1350 RP, and that we would keep the regular launch bundle price of 1462 so that players who want the skin could get the champion for almost free.

This will not be a trend for launch skins or skins in general, but as we produce more legendary quality skins, we may bring the 1350 RP price back on occasion.

We are also trying something new with Sultan Tryndamere today by launching him on sale for 487. Again, this will not be the norm, but I am interested in your continued feedback so we can decide which new ideas make sense and which should be sent to the recycle bin.
I love that nobody notices the Tryn sale and people are complaining about getting a free champ with an almost legendary skin...

All you whiners just got hippalused


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hippalus

eCommerce Director

09-27-2012
2 of 4 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primanocte View Post
They're testing us. If we buy this skin, we can expect all future skins to come out at this new price.
Good theory but wrong. That's no more accurate than expecting that if you buy Sultan Trynd that all future skins will come out at 487.

Most skins for the forseeable future, including Pentakill Olaf next week, will come out at 975. Most legendaries will continue to come out at 1820.

However you are somewhat correct in that your feedback (and purchases) will help us decide if 1350 and 487 launches should be considered in the future for skins that meet a certain threshold for quality and effort. If you don't think these either of these skins are worth the price to you, don't buy them and feel free to let us know why. If you think they are, we'd love to know that too.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Heil Teemo

Senior Member

09-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippalus View Post
Good theory but wrong. That's no more accurate than expecting that if you buy Sultan Trynd that all future skins will come out at 487.

Most skins for the forseeable future, including Pentakill Olaf next week, will come out at 975. Most legendaries will continue to come out at 1820.

However you are somewhat correct in that your feedback (and purchases) will help us decide if 1350 and 487 launches should be considered in the future for skins that meet a certain threshold for quality and effort. If you don't think these either of these skins are worth the price to you, don't buy them and feel free to let us know why. If you think they are, we'd love to know that too.
Mecha Kha'Zix isn't worth 1350 because no more effort went into making it. Just because a champion has enhanced animations doesn't mean every subsequent skin should be more expensive; you should just produce champions of a higher quality without expecting more money out of it.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Alexandra Avdey

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

09-27-2012

Hey Hippalus, can you make them rename Mecha Kha'Zix Mecha'Zix?

That would make it more legendarry.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Talisid

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

09-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox P McCloud View Post
I'm a bit offput, to be honest---Jayce's skin changes just about as much and also changes the voice, yet it's 975....I don't understand the reason for doing this at all.
The voice changes for Metal Jayce are just sound filter effects.

They are incredibly easy to add or remove.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lunaria

Senior Member

09-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippalus View Post
Hi all - thanks for the feedback on Kha'zix's launch skin price.

This was a special case where the launch skin is arguably legendary due to the evolving model and other features. We decided that rather than price it as legendary, we would launch it at 1350 RP, and that we would keep the regular launch bundle price of 1462 so that players who want the skin could get the champion for almost free.

This will not be a trend for launch skins or skins in general, but as we produce more legendary quality skins, we may bring the 1350 RP price back on occasion.

We are also trying something new with Sultan Tryndamere today by launching him on sale for 487. Again, this will not be the norm, but I am interested in your continued feedback so we can decide which new ideas make sense and which should be sent to the recycle bin.
But isn't the extra work on making skins for kha'zix pretty much just your own fault for designing him the way he is?
You can't really reasonably say every skin for kha'zix is a legendary skin just because his design requires more work i would think?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GuiltyGecko

Senior Member

09-27-2012

I bought the bundle, if that means anything, because I wouldnt buy the skin otherwise.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Whip

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

09-27-2012

bundled, spent 112 rp to save 6300 ip basically